Really scary Bodyguard wanted Rhyl

selous

Longterm Registered User
We received this job enquiry yesterday via freeIndex. I am curious to hear members feedback on this. Whilst I empathise with the lady it's not really something that I see getting sorted out by tasking a CPo for a couple of hours. Sounds more like a job for "Big Dave" and some of his lads. It's in Rhyl by the way...

"Hi.
My disabled sister and I are being targeted in a hate campaign by a gang of several men and women who all reside in two houses on my road.
Intimidation includes damage to my property, my car windows were smashed and wing mirror kicked off.
The police are useless and so are the local council.
How much would it cost to hire a bodyguard for a couple of hours?

Thanks for your assistance
. "

Your thoughts on a post card.

Selous

Last edited:
Tell her to call up the local chaper of the Hells Angels.
Give them a gift certificate for motorbike parts - and suggest that it's all part of a Christmas benefit event
:)

KL

'A couple of hours' is no good.

I fear that the proper solution would be too costly.

Rich H

She's nuts ! but desperate. :(

Will only make a bad situation worse.

Why nuts?

Looks like she's tried the law, tried the council....and no joy from either.

Rather than nuts, it appears she may be desperate to find a solution without realising the potential escalation of going down the "bodyguard" route..

Sounds to me like a covert cctv and recorder set up would be better - gather some evidence so the authorities can do what they're supposed to

If this is genuine then plod just need pushing in the right direction and as others have said there is nothing better than good evidence.

Someone will do it for £7.50 an hour with their CP license round their neck.

"It is a foot in the door"
"Any work is better than no work"

The only right way to deal with this is to gather all the evidence of whats happening, video surveillence footage, log down all timings etc and let the police deal with it, it will take time but will be the only way to deal with it with out getting their coller felt themselves.

We all know what should happen to people like this but sadly its not quite as easy to do these days, personally a white van, sand bags and plasti-cuffs are a great leveller!

But I would imagin for these people gathering evidence would be the thing to do and then keep reporting the incidents to the police.

Last edited:
I totally agree with some on here.
She's tried going through the dare I say "normal route" CP is not the answer with this. It's more of a SV job. Camera, video and logging info. Then that can be presented to the police etc.
But that will be expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a little bonus Rhyl is by the sea, If the lucky applicant is savvy enough they can take this battle to the water where thay can showcase their much coveted underwater knife fighting skills.

Seriously though, if your still in contact with this lady I would suggest you advise her to contact her local MP to discuss the councils actions so far and to contact the Police and make an appointment with a senior officer before going to the IPCC. I would be reminding them both of the case of David Askew in Manchester that made the national news last year (see link below for details)

IPCC condemns Manchester police over David Askew death | Politics | The Guardian

Wheels turn very slowly within councils unless you get to someone with some clout or even better someone with a hand on the purse strings, local MP's love an opportunity to throw their weight around local council offices and if the cause is richeous then even better.

I hope it gets resolved without any dramas, its sad situation

I would suggest that she would be better to get someone to set up covert CCTV on the house and a bodyworn camera they can use when going out. Also teach her how to keep and incident log and how to make effective reports in it. Then after a suitable period of evidence collecting she goes back to the police. If the police she deals with won't help she needs to write to the Chief Constable, if there's no luck there then try the local MP (or AS? Welsh Parliament).

I recently dealt with a similar situation.
I also printed off some of the advice from this website for the victims of such behavior and harassment.

Neighbours From Hell in Britain

The use of cases such as this one Police under investigation over Fiona Pilkington case | UK news | guardian.co.uk can help even the most unhelpful Police or council department move in a more positive direction. That is after all what we pay our taxes for or so I have been led to believe. Also the use/threat of reporting it to the media/MP can in certain circumstances force the issue to being resolved or responded to.

A lot of the advice to this is spot on. But, personally I would like to know more in regards to this particular case as to who, what, why! How and When in order to give an overall response. But as has been said, IMHO tasking a BG/CPO is not a cheap or effective solution in the long term as the problem really needs dealing with at source via legitimate means.

Regards all.

max

Back