Recommendation 1/2 man tent

horizon

Longterm Registered User
Hello, can anyone recommend a decent tent for a weeks travelling, in the UK.

Lightweight and easily transportable.

Thanks

Andy

I've had a couple of Vango Banshee tents (a 2 man and a 3 man) for years, they're great.
Pitch with the inner connected so it's all up in minutes without messing around, particularly good in the UK as it's usually pissing down.
There's only two poles, you throw it together, peg the front and pull from the back and it stands up, done.
They both have a small porch for muddy boots and have access on either side.
Only possible downside is they're 'sleek' tunnel tents so a bit on the low side and lacking a bit of room to sit up in, but it does mean they don't catch the wind and don't stand out too much if you're pitched somewhere you shouldn't be
Never let water in, never ripped, can't recommend highly enough mate.

NB - don't go too small, if you want a 1 man, buy a 2 and have space for your backpack inside, keeping dry and safe. If you want the space of a 2 man (cos you're a big guy) then buy a 3 man. They pack so small it doesn't make a lot of difference to carry but makes a massive difference when you're trying to live in them for a week or two

Last edited:
I concur with the above but... - aye there's always a but lol, may I ask what you want if for, I know you said travelling but when I started I did festivals, I've never brought a tent home, so twenty quid did me, folk were packing big rucksacks - when as soon as we landed to wherever I just asked, "where's the closest Argos?" I bought one, I always left the tents behind me anyway so it didnt matter, that's a light ruck there and back.... if it's a serious tent you want then look at the comments above, if not and its only for a week, get a twenty quid one and throw it away.

My 2p

regards

Col

Last edited:
Back