Rediculous hard exam

FredB

Longterm Registered User
LOL
We had Friday as part of our total security 2 package the CCTV exams.
I reside in the netherlands by the way.
After finishing all of the school (16 months work/school) except my last practical exam wich i do in 6-8 weeks to get the license.
We had to do the CCTV exams , i didn't go as i told my boss i didnt want the CCTV diploma , 29 other did go and 28 failed the exams.
I already said the exams were rediculous difficult and i couldnt believe my ears when my boss told me that out of 29 people 28 failed the exams miserably.
My question is , is it in UK also that difficult ?.
I had in the course 16 exams wich i all finished with awesome scores , i am one of the 2 best in class , but showing the outcome of the exams made me doubt about the CCTV training , how can possibly 28 out of 29 fail them , that sound almost impossible.
I just wanted to share this , there were people doing the exams that are doing it for the 4th time and still failed both practical and theoretical.
I hope they will review it , because this didnt sound right :)

Can you give an example of the test?

LOL
We had Friday as part of our total security 2 package the CCTV exams.
I reside in the netherlands by the way.
After finishing all of the school (16 months work/school) except my last practical exam wich i do in 6-8 weeks to get the license.
We had to do the CCTV exams , i didn't go as i told my boss i didnt want the CCTV diploma , 29 other did go and 28 failed the exams.
I already said the exams were rediculous difficult and i couldnt believe my ears when my boss told me that out of 29 people 28 failed the exams miserably.
My question is , is it in UK also that difficult ?.
I had in the course 16 exams wich i all finished with awesome scores , i am one of the 2 best in class , but showing the outcome of the exams made me doubt about the CCTV training , how can possibly 28 out of 29 fail them , that sound almost impossible.
I just wanted to share this , there were people doing the exams that are doing it for the 4th time and still failed both practical and theoretical.
I hope they will review it , because this didnt sound right :)

Posted via Mobile Device

If 28 out of 29 fail, there are a number of reasons.

1. Everyone's a dik'ed? Statistically, this is incredibly unlikely.
2. They all cheated, but with the wrong info. Again, very unlikely.
3. They underestimated the exams and didn't put the work in. Possible.
4. The tutors were shite, and didn't adequately educate or prepare the group for the exams. Sounds possible.

I suggest that those that failed, take a formal complaint to the training provider, and get some collective feedback.

No exam is that difficult that 28 out of 29 fail. Something is very wrong with this result.

After 16 months training, you didn't go ????????????
Poor show, chappy, poor show.
All our official courses are just box tickers in reality.(SIA)
They are of the equivalent of a foundation course at best.
With little to no chance of failing.
Yours sounds so much better and hence worth while having.

If 28 out of 29 fail, there are a number of reasons.

1. Everyone's a dik'ed? Statistically, this is incredibly unlikely.
2. They all cheated, but with the wrong info. Again, very unlikely.
3. They underestimated the exams and didn't put the work in. Possible.
4. The tutors were shite, and didn't adequately educate or prepare the group for the exams. Sounds possible.

I suggest that those that failed, take a formal complaint to the training provider, and get some collective feedback.

No exam is that difficult that 28 out of 29 fail. Something is very wrong with this result.

They say, there are no bad pubils only bad teachers.
You really need to have a look at who your training provider is.

CCTV exam in the UK is mutilpe choice a so easy its a joke. Course is 4 days long and could easily be fitted into two.
I get miffed that its so easy, justr like the d/s course and the recent FAAW course i did, so watered down its pointless. I pay my money to learn and to get ahead but in the Uk its pretty much just a rubber stamping job. But 28/29 fail, maybe is should be thankfull..

I still say that it's not the 28 out of 29 that have failed. It's the course providers that have failed them, for not identifying that there were weaknesses in the course. An analysis should be done of the results to identify which bits people failed on. Then a similar analysis done on the teaching of those bits. Questions need to be asked, as this is quite clearly unexceptable

28 out of 29 is the failure of the tutors, and if it were me, I'd be kicking their door down for answers.

Although I was trained in the police on the Swift microwave camera system on a CCTV van and a portable system I was only aware that I needed to understand RIPA. I did not require a CCTV licence for obvious reasons and did not take any exam just given a 2 hour lecture on overt surveillance.

I am just curious what questions might be on the CCTV exam? It cannot be that hard? I've taken both the level 2 and 3 exams in which I found them to be quite simple and straight forward. Sometimes I think the SIA like to insult peoples intelligence with some of the questions. On the other hand if they made the exam too hard it may put people off applying for the licence and reduce their funds.

The teacher didn't adequately educate or prepare the group for the exams probly.
in my opinion those teachers did their best but were a joke , we got taught by ex police officer with 20 years experience tho.
But its not all his fault , i know from previous experience the exams are multiple choice , but they always put a few questions in them you just haven't had at school and make questions difficult.
However hearing people from orther training not in our group , the failrate is very high.
most fail on the multiple choice exams and succeed at the 40 minute video observation .
Yeah there will be a lot questioning going on this week :)

The training centre does have an online practice site with old exams from last year etc .
you can take those and see if you are up to it.
However last few years they improved difficulty in school , not sure why.. they keep adding unneccasery stuff.
like we didnt have to do math exams , but this year everyone has to do math.
I can't see the use of math in security no matter how hard i try LOL

I can't see the use of math in security no matter how hard i try LOL

Well if you add it all up (+), and take away (-) the items that are superfluous.
You will find that your training should multiply (x) your chances of passing.
Then you could calculate your division (/) of time to estimate the best results and the percentage(%) of success you could expect from your efforts.

Who needs maths eh. :rolleyes:;):p

No SIA test .
This is dutch remember.. we got nothing to do with UK SIA stuff etc. :) and reading the forums about all the problems they got with it , i dont want to either :D

i do but it's written in dutch lol , so if you dont mind translating :D
[url]http://www.svpb.nl/site/?nodeid=12100[/URL]

Keep in mind that we get good theoretic schooling but that svpb changes a lot questions and adding extra questions you havent covered yet while learning.
They have a bad name for doing this ensuring noone gets a max score, don't ask em why , they do that with all exams and they always change the questions each year so a simular question looks lot different and sneaky as you have learned, we call them trick questions :)
basicaly its 40 minutes videoobservation and then you gotto fill in a cctv form and a multiple choice part taking 20 minutes or so.
doesnt look so tough eh , thats what all my colegues thought anyway haha untill they done it.

CCTV exam in the UK is mutilpe choice a so easy its a joke. Course is 4 days long and could easily be fitted into two.
I get miffed that its so easy, justr like the d/s course and the recent FAAW course i did, so watered down its pointless. I pay my money to learn and to get ahead but in the Uk its pretty much just a rubber stamping job. But 28/29 fail, maybe is should be thankfull..
But we should at least know something about security to choose from MCQ's.

*****website removed*****

Last edited by a moderator:
You should have SIA questions like this

You see a crime taking place whilst on duty watching the camera, do you?

a) Turn the monitor away
b) Get close up shots then view the whole scene from a good view
c) Ring your supervisor
d) Read through your assignment instructions

When I did my SIA CCTV badge the questions where all along the same lines as above, apart from 3 or 4 that made me think for a second or two.

I would love for the UK security industry to be a lot harder to get into, then that way the money might be worth while for the more capable people who work in it!

You should have SIA questions like this

You see a crime taking place whilst on duty watching the camera, do you?

a) Turn the monitor away
b) Get close up shots then view the whole scene from a good view
c) Ring your supervisor
d) Read through your assignment instructions

When I did my SIA CCTV badge the questions where all along the same lines as above, apart from 3 or 4 that made me think for a second or two.

I would love for the UK security industry to be a lot harder to get into, then that way the money might be worth while for the more capable people who work in it!

Let me guess...a??? ;)

Try doing the CP exam thats as much fun

Q: What is your principal most at risk from (bearing in mind you have absolutley no sodding idea who your client is or what he does.

a) media intrusion
b) kidnap
c) death by ninja death throwing star (not real i just forget the rest)
d) shagged to death by lindsay lohan ^^^^^^^^

answer is media intrusion, now of course thats obvious if its a celeb etc, but as you have absolutley NO idea who the client is, its actually an impossible question to answer as each client has different threats etc

Q: You think you are being followed (by another car this is, so your driving) what would you do to basically find out

a). pull off on hard shoulder (i assumed it meant you were on a major road motorway etc but it didnt specify)
b). Pull off next slip road wait see if you are followed rejoin road once car has passsed
c). speed up
d). pull off road and drive around the nearest roundabout 4 times!!!!!!!

4 times oh yes they were quite specific, i get dizzy after 1 nevermind 4

answer is actually D by the way!

annie what the hell would you do in somewhere like france where it could be 100 miles to the nearest roundabout lol as they love their 180 turns off a motorway where you go from 70 to 0 in 20ft or prang the car lol

I travel 2 hours to my caravan in wales and dont pass one single roundabout lol

Back