Redweb Offender ID, doubt it still?

Pyrene

Longterm Registered User
Guys,
I know some (many) of you on here think I'm not a real man for carrying Redweb Offender ID Spray. Some even believe (wrongfully) that its actually a firearm.

Redweb spray is the only spray approved by ACPO. I know a fair few door staff out there who carry the Stoppa Red, it is legal, however very inadvisable to carry, as its not accredited by ACPO, no proper training and is not nearly as sufficient as Redweb.

Redweb has a unique DNA coding in the can which will link that can directly to the registered user. Also attending training you will learn that you don't spray in peoples eyes (which most users of Stoppa etc don't know about). Also a registration card is supplied to a successful student which can be displayed to police officers when they arrive on the scene to explain what the can is and what it contains (things you don't get with stoppa)

I was teaching a Redweb Offender ID course which some of our users on here were actually on! And I thought I would just share with you the day so hopefully some doubters on here will understand it a little more.

When training with Redweb, there is a power point presentation all about the spray, what it is, use of force, what to do after, stance, speech, spraying techniques etc etc. And then theres practical training in which water canisters are used. We spray each other in practical scenarios with the water cans so we can actually build up confidence and get users used to drawing and spraying the device.

Im really posting about Redweb today for the reason I put above that we actually had members of this forum signed up to our course, and I am sure they will offer their opinions of today. But also to show you what redweb actually does...

We had a little accident. One student mistook the training water can for the actual redweb can (they are identical except for text on one side saying "training can". so very easily done. Said student ended up spraying a momentary amount of Redweb all over me. He stopped as soon as he realised it was not water. Through the momentary spray, My arm was covered, face badly sprayed, neck, ear, both hands, whole left side of upper body, and stomach were all covered in a rapidly drying red dye.
After frantic attempts to wash it off, I have been left with a bright red staining. We were scrubbing this stuff and it will not come off.

Attached are two photos of the staining left on me by one of the lovely little students on the course today, but I hope some of you have opened your eyes a little to the possible effectiveness of the Redweb Offender ID Spray. I know there will still be doubters out there and people who think its wrong, and weak to carry such an item. But there is real stories of persons deploying this with real effect

Just out of interest P how long after the usage can the Police get a positive DNA sample from an offender?

5 days to a week and the visible red dye starts to fade away,
After 14 days the invisible UV dye starts to fade away. However it will stay longer on items of clothing

however after 1 bath, 4 showers and 28 hand washes later, the red dye is still distinctive on the skin.

That`s some pretty serious dye , lol

What about the DNA match though? I thought the Police get DNA from a `red` suspect and they can match it to the can and registered user it came from proving the suspect was sprayed at the incident reported by the user. How long after being sprayed does the DNA last?

I presume that the DNA fades with the dyes. Redweb contains two dyes, the red one and the UV one. Each contain the DNA.
Its becoming common for police stations to have UV lights fitted in some places, be it a black light in a holding room, or even just a walk through scanner thing (kinda like a walk through metal detector) which will show up UV markings.

Pretty much look at Redweb as smart water in a can.

From my understands of deployments of the can, offenders are caught in a period of a few days, so the red stain is still there. However it is not guaranteed that the offender will be caught.
My deployment of it, and others deployment of it, is not always involving spraying it. The simple effect of putting up to someones face is enough to make some stand down and back away.

Its going to be interesting when I next go to work, hopefully the main stuff will all have gone, but the UV will still be quite visible under backlight....

You get an evidence bag in the box with the spray. The idea being once its used you bag it and give it to the police. That way it can only be linked to one incident.

P76

Thats exactly right Prestige76.

Once you deploy the redweb, you phone the police, phone redweb, shove the can in an evidence bag. Be it one that the venue has or one the police supplies.

This morning I have had two showers and scrubbed with some swarfiga like stuff and it still won't come off

Update:

I have spent a good hour in the bath today and its only resulted in cleaning me, not the stain.

My jeans (which received some splatter) and t-shirt (which was soaked) have just come out the wash and with no improvement at all.

I am so lucky its not over my face, seen as I have a job interview next week with MOJ!

Update:

I have spent a good hour in the bath today and its only resulted in cleaning me, not the stain.

My jeans (which received some splatter) and t-shirt (which was soaked) have just come out the wash and with no improvement at all.

I am so lucky its not over my face, seen as I have a job interview next week with MOJ!

Update,
its well over 28 hours now since the incident.
Several showers, scrubbing and living in a bath for a day. The red has gone!!!!

Completely gone!!

Now I'm just a lovely shade of pink. Looks like I have some disease on my back

Update,
its well over 28 hours now since the incident.
Several showers, scrubbing and living in a bath for a day. The red has gone!!!!

Completely gone!!

Now I'm just a lovely shade of pink. Looks like I have some disease on my back

Is you're head alright? ;)

Hi SpudT here. Im a Security trainer,ex Police and Army. This stuff is great. Its an aid to ID offenders and a deterent as well.People are seeing DS staff euipped with Handcuffs,Spray and even First Aid wallets.They realise ,the ds staff here are professionals.Yes I know there are some out there,still giving it the Old Way is the best way.Smack em slap em,pick your door or window.However we have moved on.Do the course get the spray register.Its not rocket science.

Back