Registering with PSIRA.

themountainmist

Full Registered User
Hi,

Has anyone registered with PSIRA just looking for some advice as It does not seen as simple as registering with the SIA.

Any knowledge on this would be great.

Thanks

colonel45155

Longterm Registered User
Nice name if you come from N.Ireland!!! They might want to change that lol. Our police are PSNI and the paralilitarys are IRA. I'll sign up. I've honestly never heard of that body but we live and learn.

Not taking homage or anything just having a grin to myself...

Good luck

Kind regards

Col

Last edited:

littlewoman

Longterm Registered User
Nice name if you come from N.Ireland!!! They might want to change that lol. Our police are PSNI and the paralilitarys are IRA. I'll sign up. I've honestly never heard of that body but we live and learn.

Not taking homage or anything just having a grin to myself...

Good luck

Kind regards

Col
You weren't the only ones whose brain was hovering between the police and a paramilitary group! Did you know that the Vegetarian Society of Ulster was originally going to be the Ulster Vegetarian Society until they realised the initials sound like a loyalist paramilitary group :) True story, not a joke.

LJH1

Longterm Registered User
When I did the Ronin SA course the instructors there talked about PSiRA, the one thing that came to light every time was that you must be a South African or a citizen of SA to apply for licensing.

JHD

Longterm Registered User
Hi all

You do not need to be a South African or a citizen of SA to apply for a licence.

I have loads of information and contact details, which I am happy to forward to any of the forum members.

Send me a PM with your details or email me on info@cpandmarsec.co.uk

Regards

JHD