Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MedicMike

Full Registered User
Hi All,

I am an ex military fully qualified remote medic and am hoping to get some work in Iraq. Just wondering if any of you guys can give me any pointers as to where there may be any opportunities at the moment.

Thanks,

Mike.

M4MED

Longterm Registered User
Hi mate, no jobs on the radar at the moment but when you get out there, I would fully recommend trying to get a hospital attachment (in your own time) as soon as possible. The staff at the US combat support hospital are not only fantastic at what they do, they are short staffed and very helpful. If you can prove your quals and demonstrate your commitment by mopping up blood, making brews at 3am etc, you'll progress onto supervised interventions and eventually once they trust you, you'll be allocated you're own casualty to monitor and treat, with the aid of a team of docs and nurses if need be. Bags of opportunity for airways management, catastrophic haemorrhage control with T's, oxygen admin, IV's and fluid resuscitation and more
There is no substitute for the trauma you'll deal with there and the knowledge and confidence you'll gain. Worth maintaining a portfolio of everything you do.

gordie66

ageis , amour for afgah are looking as are most of the big coys , always looking for medics , good luck,

M

mickworldwide

Mike can you PM me I might have something of interest to you in the next few weeks.

Paul999

Longterm Registered User
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the board mate.

Don't forget to pop past the medics forum.

Regards,
Paul.

Top Bottom