Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Remote viewing DVR

stevee

Hi,

Am new on here and not very clued up with terminology.

The basic problem is my laptop for remote viewing has died and as it was used so infrequently i cannot remember the password for the router which is a Vigor 2800VG. The ethernet cable from the DVR goes into one of the ports on the router P1. Resetting the router and configuring again seems complicated so am wondering if i would be better just using a spare D link router which I have and if so how do I set it up. i did manage to note the IP address on the old laptop before it died completely. The old laptop had PSS for viewing, would I be better sticking with that or trying Smart Pro. Another slight problem is either PSS or Smart pro am struggling moving windows round to access the required fields, have already tried connecting with the D link router using the internet then a lan socket but cannot get the DVR to show.

Any help greatly appreciated.

premier

Longterm Registered User
Stevee,

What make of DVR do you have?
Do you have password to grant you full access to the DVR?

Regards

premier

premier

Longterm Registered User
Stevee,

As you have full access to dvr all you need to do is fit your new router and initiate port forwarding.

Regards

premier

stevee

The only thing i need to work out now before giving it a try is how to move these PSS windows round so i can get to the bottom button to apply settings.

stevee

Am struggling to do the port forwarding, is it forwarding the dvr ip to the router and even in compatibility mode cannot get PSS window on enough to access top and bottom of screen at the same time to add DVR, tried moving window but it just jumps back or cuts bits off.

tomengineer

Forum Supporter
Hi. To run PSS right you need to either reset your PC screen resolution and then go into PSS and under settings commands set the resolution for your screen..

And a quick fix at the moment as you can't see the menu buttons at the bottom is press the Windows key on your keyboard like this

Windows key +up.

As far as your router connection. As you are using your router for local only port forwarding is not needed.
Go into dvr settings go to network and at top you will see a box DHCP tick it exit menu and restart your dvr.
Go back into settings then network and the IP address listed is the one you must use. (Do all this while connected to router)

Top Bottom