Renewal of CP Licence..

Dominoclara

Full Registered User
Hi All at CPW,

Its that time already and I ask myself this question- to renew or not to renew my CP licence?

Im interested in other FCPO's opinions on this so here are the vitals..

After completing my CP course went out to Iraq working on the PSD teams provinding CP to embassy staff.

I left (after 1 year) with the hope of finding 'non hostile' CP work in the UK.

For almost 2 years now I've been 'tramping on the arctics', very much 'out of the fold'. But have appllied/ sent queries to lots of UK based CP companies..To no avail.

£600 is quite a bit to part with if the work isn't there hey? Few months yet to decide but would dive straight on to the next course if there was a good chance of work...

I live in the north west but willing to travel!

Anyone got any ideas? Opinions on this?

Thanks,

G

Thats freaky that is i was just thinking today i hadn't seen you about for a while and here you are. Nice to have you with us.

Well i didn't renew mine, simply because had so many health issues that my last year i used it twice i think. Still waiting surgery and i just honestly didn't see a reason to part with that much money for something i may not use for a few years or ever again. That and after moving 90 miles away from my family i simply do not have the support system i used to have in place to ensure my daughter was taken care of when i needed it.

Obviously your not in same situation as i am, and if i had not had teh health issues then yes i would have renewed to be honest. Reason why, well if i hadn't someone would have offered me soemthing great that i couldn't do. That and look at it this way at the minute you don't need to re-train just reapply. If things change as they look like doing, then you may have to re-train again too, costing you an awful lot more

For what it's worth I still think there's not enough female CPOs on the circuit. Especially not ones with HE experience. I think you'd be crazy not to renew your licence and if I hear of any oportunities then will let you know. Will add you as a friend so can find you again. Can't make any imediate promises as most work that comes my way is inside the M25 but will keep my eyes open.

Manxmerc

Defo renew, because sods law is a job will come in and you wont havethe right licence, also not sure what happens if you let it lapse. Im just about to renew mine for the third time. Dont give up something will come in

fbg
jacquie

FCPO job market.

G,

Sorry cant help you on the home front, as we recruit, train and operate in Spain, however I agree with the other members on renewing your licence (never know when it will come in handy). We are currently recruiting FCPO´s for an up comming job in the Middle East (straight forward CP Ops at Royal Family level - no running round the desert babysitting convoys!). I will be attending CPW conference in London April 8, so if you are interested or any FCPO who may be intereted reads this, you are welcome for a chat. Good luck. Andy M.

£600 ?? £245 is the renewal cost of the licence. Are you including the cost of a First Aid course in that? You should be able to get DS work at festivals that will pay off that investment for about 6 days work. So I'd say its worth it.

As above, get it renewed - £245 might be a lot if you're not earning, but when your dream job comes up, you'll need to find £3,000 to do a course again before you can start...

For what it's worth I still think there's not enough female CPOs on the circuit. Especially not ones with HE experience. I think you'd be crazy not to renew your licence and if I hear of any oportunities then will let you know. Will add you as a friend so can find you again. Can't make any imediate promises as most work that comes my way is inside the M25 but will keep my eyes open.

I think there are quite a lot of FCPO's however the standard is very poor. Granted there are some that are very good, but the majority are quite simply un professional, shoddy, not up to what is required, and get what they can through other means. If you know what I mean.

Probably hit a few nerves but hey ho. Before you fems get on your high horses and get your nails sharpened there are many men that are in the same boat.

I did my CP course in January and there was a guy on it that did his course 4 years ago, he let his licence expire because he was doing HE work. The SIA said because there had been a gap in licensing he had to do a refresher course to get his licence back he said it cost him £1200 for a weeks refresher!!!
So I would say defiantly get a new one if your unsure..

Guys (and girls) thanks for the advise. I've now got my paws on an app form from SIA, just send that off with £245 of hard earned GBP and I'll have a shiney new licence sat in my wallet/purse again.. Cheers again :)

Yes get it renewed you don't want to have to sit another sh*t course for 3+ weeks with people that think they no it all. The only protection they no is putting a pair of sun glasses on.

Back