Royal Irish, Rangers and UDR

Hello mate, I had the pleasure working with your guys 'over the water' A great bunch and can put away a really large amount of the falling down water....Mahon Road in Portadown was legendary!!

Alright Kenpsd. I worked in the brigade HQ from 96 to 98 in Mahon Road

Ha ha, ever so slightly earlier than that mate, like 20 years earlier!! Still I bet it hadn't changed much in the 20 years!!:D

Supporting my son and his unit The Black Watch, 3 Scots on their tour in Afghanistan. Stay safe guys we are proud of you.

Steve,

i am a 22 yr ex Royal Irish soldier although i am English and i know alot of guys in 9 R IRISH i was in Ballymena as the last military MT Sgt and have alot of friends living over there, PM me anytime mate and keep the funnies coming.

Was B Coy then D Coy Steve before the merge with 7th Batt to make 2nd Batt. What I wouldn't give for an Ops 1 cycle now or doing VCP's in the Lisburn ring of steel. Strange the things you miss eh lol.

Was B Coy then D Coy Steve before the merge with 7th Batt to make 2nd Batt. What I wouldn't give for an Ops 1 cycle now or doing VCP's in the Lisburn ring of steel. Strange the things you miss eh lol.

So true mate.

Everyone complained about doing the Lisburn Ring, but it was a laugh.

I hate driving past the old VCP points.

Was in 9 Royal Irish '99-01, before it amalgamated with 7. F Coy and then Bn HQ - returned to Regt Duties in 05 as TM RANGERS before leaving on KEDDLESTON at end '07. Good to hear some of the guys here on the forum. FAB.

Hi guys nice to see a forum for the UDR, Rangers and RIRISH. I served with 7, 7/10 and the Depot UDR and then with 7 RIRISH before retiring in 1997. I'm now working in Qatar but did work in Iraq from 2003 with CRG, Janusian and Aegis.

Keep in touch

Hi all

Did any of you guys come over to Canterbury in Kent around 2003?

Regards

JHD

A mate of mine was in Canterbury with 1 RIR.

His nickname is JC. Not puting in his full name for obvious reasons.

He is the RQMS at the minute.

A really good guy.

Steve

Steve,

i am a 22 yr ex Royal Irish soldier although i am English and i know alot of guys in 9 R IRISH i was in Ballymena as the last military MT Sgt and have alot of friends living over there, PM me anytime mate and keep the funnies coming.

Sorry buddy I missed your reply and just noticed it.

It is a shame to see the Depot closed.

The end of an era.

Steve

The end of life as we knew it.....JockC 3/8 then 3 again.
"If we saved even one life, it was worth it........."

Relocated back to Scotland, but it's not home anymore.

hi men . im the same , u yapped about the 24h v.c.p.'s but dam id do them again just for the laugh. im ex 3bat rathfriland,portadown and amargh. i pass some off the old camps and remember wat laughs we had there

Back