Royal Marine Reservists working in the industry.

PanInt

Is it common for members of the RMR who were never regulars and have say, 5 years service, to go and work in the security industry in the same capacity as their regular counterparts can do?

I'm new to the forum and quite an outsider to this industry, but keen to learn more and genuinely do well in it. Impressed by this site, keeps all the time wasters and idiots out very well!

Carl Dowd

I wouldn't say that it is common mate, but someone with a Reserve-ist background can sometimes bring something to the table in the way of commercial experiences... Remember the industry is not the Military and although some skills are transferable a different mindset is sometimes required...

Just an observation really and nothing more... I hope that helps.

CD

LJH1

Longterm Registered User
Im an ex Bootneck myself mate, I have worked with reservists in the past and theres nothing holding you back. There will always be the stigmatism of being a rubber dagger, but its just banter.

Sent from my iPhone using Close Protection World

Carl Dowd

Im an ex Bootneck myself mate, I have worked with reservists in the past and theres nothing holding you back. There will always be the stigmatism of being a rubber dagger, but its just banter.

Rubber dagger!!! Like that, new one on me mate... do they get issued a different style of 'Water Wings'..?

CD

LJH1

Longterm Registered User
The MD of the first company I worked for straight from the Marines was a reservist, he calls himself a rubber dagger, not many do but he was at peace with it.

GOGLEDD

Full Registered User
Rubber daggers-your flexible friends
Per mare, per terram, per dies solis post meridiem!

By sea, by land, by Sunday afternoon!