Royal Welch 1st batt

Mike2284

Full Registered User
Im Ex RWF when it was the ROYAL WELCH FUSILIERS 1984- 2005 been in Afghan and Iraq in the industry since March 2005 still goinfg strong

Oddjob

Mike and Cardiff just out of interest or ignorance.
Whats the difference between WELCH and WELSH, is it a typo or is there some history or in story to this.?

Mike2284

Full Registered User
Oddjob

Good question and the answer to this is It was one of the oldest regiments in the regular army, hence the archaic spelling of the word Welch instead of Welsh In the Boer War and throughout the First World War the army officially called the regiment "The Royal Welsh Fusiliers" but the archaic "Welch" was officially restored to the regiment's title in 1920 under Army Order No.56. During those decades, the regiment itself unofficially used the "Welch" form. It was one of the oldest regiments in the regular army, hence the archaic spelling of the word Welch instead of Welsh. In March 2006 the Royal Welch Fusiliers amalgamated (GUTTED) with the RRW to become 1st Bn Royal Welsh and the RRW becoming 2nd Bn Royal Welsh hope this makes it a bit clearer for you

mike65

Full Registered User
Any top tips? looking to get into the industry in the next twelve months, currently recce plt 1st Bn

Mike

Aus-PSM

Full Registered User
Theres loads of ex RWF knocking around the industry, try the Forum. I spent most of my time in COP/Recce Plt and did the full 22yrs. Drop me a PM if you want.

Revo

Full Registered User
X A company,left in 89. Currently working in the sand. If you need some leads- pm me.

brickey

Full Registered User
1ST BN ex Milan plt, looking to do my CP Course in ApriL,hoping to get work out in Iraq,help and Advice would be really appreciated