Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rst

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 33

Gents,

Employers are posting jobs with such low wages simply for the fact that they know that people will work for that money. If no one worked for those wages then the employers would have to up it.

CP is becoming a job whereby anyone can enter, anyone can be employed and all the employers can amass a larger profit.

The role is becoming cheap, not just in terms of wages but in the quality of the service provided. Cheap men doing cheap jobs in a cheap way. Who's creaming it? The employers. Who's at a dis-service - The Client and the BG.

I would just like to say a massive thank you to all those men and women who have strived for excellence in implementing the highest of standards in their core competencies. To the men and women of this such knowledgable organisation for without you, we would not be where we are today. To the men and women who have time and time again shown true professionalism and competence in everything they do. To the men and women who have made our industry head and shoulders above all others. Constantly striving for perfection and dedicated to customer service and satisfaction....

THANK YOU SIA - YOU'RE THE BEST!

Rich H

Last edited by a moderator:

mickblack

Longterm Registered User
just my threepence worth, unitrust pay on time everytime,on a two week cycle.

there are the occasional paperwork f**kups with accounts but as we know... s**t happens

i know the majority of people on the forum appreciate suttys post keep it up mate

mick

thankyou Rich H and Polarserve your bang on if we all held together and refused to be paid lets face it a security guards wage for a CP role then maybe employers buck there ideas up! wasnt ever slating this job wanted to wise everyone up as a good friend had bad experience but all in all regardless of that it is poor pay no better than a security guards wage fair play if people are happy with that
I also understand the lack of work etc.... but as said if we all stuck together then they would have little choice! but all these newbies to the circuit on some bad quality CP courses wont mention no names are churning out under qualified people
I have been in the game 20 years I have earnt my place worked on some great jobs on one now! good pay and all and deem to be very lucky
all these under qualified people new to the game james bond wanabes take jobs like this and squeeze the market down for the likes of us the SIA is tonk! and have ruined alot of the industry

S

sutty

Guys this has gone wrong.
This was a little tester that I asked if we could do as I was under the impression that some work was better then no work.And wanted to see if it would work out recruiting threw this site.I also wanted to try and get some good guys on the job.(I think we have achieved that part.)It is clear that this might not have been such a good idea.
Thanks for some very good CV's and i believe that some people have been contacted already for interviews.
I know for a fact that I take calls from at least 3 DS/CP badge holders a day asking if we have any shifts available.You would be amazed how many times we have someone who turns up and states "I only do CP and I don't normally work for this type of money"
So I reply "fine I will take you off the rota".You would be amazed .All of a sudden they need the job as they cant pay the mortgage.
This role was originally done by security guards.Unitrust opened it up to higher qualified staff due to the nature of the role and the fact that CP is sometimes required(you get paid for extra this).They offer this post to staff that are already employed.They also try to keep as many guys busy as possible .This is not the only site that they do this on.
I took the job part time in 2000 and im still working for Unitrust.The full time team has been together for over 5 years.I think that this is a good sign.
I feel that it is wrong to place a job on a forum as I don't want your opinion on how crap the industry is or my mate said this .I Just wanted to give someone the opportunity to get onto a job that they wouldn't of had seen and a chance of further employment with a company with over 50 CP roles during the summer.
But that said thank you for your opinions and once again sorry for calling cpoman1 a Pratt.And to be fair in the past I have criticized jobs that have been posted on here.
I think maybe a job board would be more appropriate as opposed to a forum.

charlie85

Longterm Registered User
cpoman1, your last post comes across as being a blatant attack on anyone new to the industry. I for one think this is completely unfair. This line of work is no different to any other in that there will always be people who are full of s*#t and claim to be something they are not. To tar us all with the same brush is a mistake. I want to learn, I am prepared to start at the bottom and under no circumstances would I claim knowledge of a subject if I didn't have any. It is not my fault (nor any other trainees) that the industry regulator is not up to scratch, neither is it my fault that some unscrupulous people are looking to make a quick buck by offering sub-standard training packages. It is hard enough for people like myself to be taken seriously in this field without people like you, supposedly a professional, trying to beat us into submission. I have done years of research into what training I am going to do, who with and what my end goals are and I am sure there are many others who contribute to this forum who have done the same. I respect and actively seek opinions and advice from experienced people like yourself and am constantly trying to improve my knowledge of the industry, in short, without meaning to sound disrespectful, stick your James Bond analagy up your arse and give the new guys a break.

Last edited:

hippy

Not all employers.

There are a few of us out there that actually care about their staff.
Sorry polar but as an end user, when asking for quotes for a job, do I take the company charging the outrageous rates or the one that gets the job required done to the standard needed for less?

cpoman1, your last post comes across as being a blatant attack on anyone new to the industry. I for one think this is completely unfair. This line of work is no different to any other in that there will always be people who are full of s*#t and claim to be something they are not. To tar us all with the same brush is a mistake. I want to learn, I am prepared to start at the bottom and under no circumstances would I claim knowledge of a subject if I didn't have any. It is not my fault (nor any other trainees) that the industry regulator is not up to scratch, neither is it my fault that some unscrupulous people are looking to make a quick buck by offering sub-standard training packages. It is hard enough for people like myself to be taken seriously in this field without people like you, supposedly a professional, trying to beat us into submission. I have done years of research into what training I am going to do, who with and what my end goals are and I am sure there are many others who contribute to this forum who have done the same. I respect and actively seek opinions and advice from experienced people like yourself and am constantly trying to improve my knowledge of the industry, in short, without meaning to sound disrespectful, stick your James Bond analagy up your arse and give the new guys a break.
well didnt that touch a raw nerve with you? im all for new blood but if the cap fits 007!

charlie85

Longterm Registered User
Yes cpoman1 it did indeed touch a nerve! As I said I do not want to come across as disrespectful. If you look through the posts on this forum you will see that recently there have been an increasing amount of negative comments aimed at those of us who are new to this industry. It is just starting to get on my nerves, all the "walter" accusations (along with the james bond ones!) Apologies for losing my rag but I stand by my previous comments. Cheers, Charlie.

Argyll

Forum Supporter
I've seen this creeping in across many different forums, guys guys guys, it's basic maths, and all about supply and demand, for every 500 jobs out there, there is 1000 qualified people, don't harp on about low wages, the country is in recession, and it's not going to get any better........I believe the problem at the moment is that there are far too many SAI backed training providers, who are more than happy to see 15 blokes a month come thorugh their course at £3000 a pop, when the harsh facts are that in all realites maybe only 5-7 blokes will pick up work within a short space of time, whilst other guys will continue to wait for the phone to ring, but still pay out more money on more courses to make them more appealing to potential employers, that's all good and fine, but unless the jobs are there, you could be facilitating a false economy, and throwing money down the drain,off course the training providers will continue to churn out CPO qualified people, that's their business, and they don't really care if nobody gets work, as in a few days time, the next intake comes along, filled with the same hopes and dreams.....

Iraq and Afghanistan has caused the focus on the Industry, and more and more ex Mil blokes see the whole industry as a huge Golden Goose, it isn't, for every task that pays £200 a day, there's double that pays £60-£100, not everyone is going to get the big one, and to get feet in the door, to coin a phrase, their own standards and ethics will drop and they will take whatever pays the bills....so it's time for the mud slinging to stop,and for everyone to stop and think, supply and demand, and what does this mean for me and my prospects before I pay £3000 for a CPO's course, that may or may not give me an ROI over the course of the year! ;)

Covert Munkey

Administrator
Okay folks we've went off topic here but i've let it run but i'm now going to close this thread.

Firstly thanks to sutty for posting the vacancy - regardless of the daily rate.

Secondly thanks for the lively debate that has ensued!

Regards,

CM

Okay folks we've went off topic here but i've let it run but i'm now going to close this thread.

Regards,

CM
here here!
exactly what it was all along an expression of opinions followed by debate and all good banter.
Opinions always seem to offend a few but when stating the obvious as I have done in my infinate wisdom
So for those of you that seemed offended this was not a direct threat or ridicule it was my opinion and this is a forum for expressing that so I bid you fairwell on this thread
watch your 6
OUT

nozzer

Longterm Registered User
Perhaps a little deap for this forum, but it would be wise to read a little Dr. Ravi Batra.
This explains why dropping wages has the opposite effect on the economy than what its supposed to (not just in our profession).
The Global Financial Crisis

Nomad

Longterm Registered User
Not deep at all, very good reference there nozzer. My experience came from a practical situation but the result was the same.

The Productivity growth = growth of the real wage plus debt is the interesting one as who benefits in the short term from this equation? Presuming that the debt is serviceable and that total debt does not increase beyond a countries GDP. The banks gambled with that equation and a few have been burned now but the monetary system as it stands now is fundamentally flawed anyway. ;)

nozzer

Longterm Registered User
The problem with using GDP as a guide is, the GDP is simply a gross measure of market activity, of money changing hands. It makes no distinction whatsoever between the desirable and the undesirable (The Rich and Middle Class), or costs and gain. On top of that, it looks only at the portion of reality, the part involved in monetary transactions.

The GDP will show higher during these bail outs than had the bail outs (fraud payments) not happened. Or an easier way to describe it would be, the rich get richer and we dont.

Now the monetry system, thats a whole different kettle of fish ;0) Fractional reserve banking rather than the gold standard has a lot to answer for. Creating money out of thin air was never going to work....

Back on topic, i worked for Unitrust a few years ago, the work is/was predominantly looking after the UAE Presidential family, the wage from what i remember has dropped by around £25.00 p/day for RST.
I wonder if there (the family or unitrusts) profits/earnings have also? Going of company reports, they look fairly healthy.
I also wonder if they drop again, when it becomes obvious people will work for that? Id bet money on it. On the same note though, people need to pay mortgages and eat.

Regards,

CM
I fully agree! Although I was very surprised to find that some people refused to work for 12€ an hour last year will now work for alot less.

Well off topic, but very interesting nonetheless. Shame about the pissing contest though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom