Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Savant Training Academy - South Tyneside College - Reviews

Do you think Savant are a credible company?

• Yes - this company is fantastic

• Yes - but this company needs improvements to be better

• No - the company is below the standard I expect

• No - this company is a joke

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have a friend who is planning on attending The Savant Training Academy that operates out of South Tyneside College, St George's Ave, South Shields NE34 6ET. I have however received numerous complaints about this company from previous students that I know. These complaints have been in a multitude of different areas I.E. Teaching Standards, Safeguarding Issues, Student Competency, Accommodation, Canteen, ETC. I am looking to gain more information on this company so I can give my friend accurate information before they move forward with them. Any information will be greatly received, this can be from previous students or anyone with relevant and genuine information.

I've had the not so pleasurable experience of training at savant course, at tyneside college.
The start of course was started with promises of the quality of training we would receive and all sounded very appealing and would lead to serious employment after the course ended. We had been promised of hand to hand krav maga training which wasnt delivered at all during my time on the course, and to say i was disappointed that did not happen, it was one of the appeals to the course. Not to mention the other quals we should have had fully taught to us. The duration of the course mainly death by PowerPoint was dragging and quite tiresome. The lessons were short time wise with 2 hours of breaks in a 7 hour day in the classroom so 5 hours total coverage on the lessons, to me didnt seem to be enough for me as was expecting a minimum 8-10 hours on learning daily with homework added on top, we were given extra work mainly consisting of filling in paperwork that had the content there but didnt seem to come across as quality work to learn just paperwork based. The work was assessment based and no exam at the end of course which stood out to me as strange. As I believed there was an s.i.a. exam which we did not take.
The student that were on the course were a wide range of people and had different backgrounds and some didnt show the quality of a close protection operative let alone a DS position and to my knowledge all passed the course after being delivered the answers to the work when I myself put in many hours to get the work done and completed on time. Some students were handed all answers needed to fill in the books and made me think that what was the point in putting in the work if they just handed you the badge for just attending the course. Totally unsatisfactory practice from a company that should be producing quality safety operatives and not jacket filling ones.

Reef38

This course was a con! A complete money making cash cow. I've still not received my Micky mouse qualifications after using a high amount of government funding loans to fill out paperwork work which wasn't even relevant. Intel operations... Is operations on the ground not intel analysis but worded more complicated to look like a different course. This place has left me in debt with nothing to show for it! Criminals bidding under the banner of a collage. Do not waste your time and money. Treating like children completely muged off. Criminal!

Top Bottom