Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Section 27 / D12

Pyrene

Longterm Registered User
Alright forum,

heres one for you coppers out there

I chucked someone out thurs night, numerous reasons why, lets just stick to him been a toss pot.

Anyway, he kept on harassing front door team and continue been said toss pot. (usual sort of thing "i work for NME, i will get this place shut down" "I used to be a doorman" "I used to be a PCSO" ....hes 20....5 foot nothing around 6 stone.... anyway)

In the end he got a Section 27 (or as they call it in Camden, a D12?) he left.

He came back

He got nicked

So im wondering, what is the consequences and result of breaking the S27/D12?

rhea

Longterm Registered User
Standard 4 fine? Up to £2500 fine but probably given a FP or NFA.

Andy442

Longterm Registered User
At my Force a breach of a 27 (failure to leave) resulted in a night in the cells and a FPN, unless the criteria wasn't met in which case it went to court.

Exile71

Longterm Registered User
These started being used in Maidstone a few years ago to great effect. If they were breeched it was as Andy has said. They work very well! Pretty sure it was a £100 FPN which had a maximum fine of £2500 if not paid and taken to court.

Exile

rhea

Longterm Registered User
So would you get a Criminal record with one of these then ?.

Russ
Not for the original S27 and you don't come back. All depends on what happens when you do come back as the drink will surely tell you is the correct thing to do:)

Pyrene

Longterm Registered User
our bloke got nicked, because he was stupid and came back....guess that comes up on criminal record check. tresspassing or something alike

Bash

Longterm Registered User
Breaching the Notice, (Section 27 of The Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006) ie, coming back to the area when a constable has instructed you to leave is an offence in itself, and liable to a level 4 fine.
If convicted, then yes it would show on a CRB check.
If you are issued with a direction to leave, and you comply, then no official record is made, and you're fine.

Top Bottom