security badge armband

Bal93

Full Registered User
Hi all

Just a question for any one in security in the UK. I start work next Tuesday and I'm urgently looking for a armband that I can slot my SIA badge into. I was wondering if anyone knows and shops that I could buy this from ASAP? I know amazon sell them but wont be there in time. Any advice would be greatly received

I know amazon sell them but wont be there in time. Any advice would be greatly received

Well if no one else on here reads the entire post and keeps offering you the only solution you mentioned that would not work, then you could try ducktape.

More to the point why would someone possibly need an "armband urgently" . Is this really a post this is up there with " I can't get my sia out of the clear holder" thread

If you are still in Glasgow,
go to Adventure 1.
The car park opposite Slaters and the St Enoch Centre - it's just next to there.
G1 2AQ
They will have some Viper armbands in stock.

Hopefully that will meet your urgent requirements!!!

Seriously... good to see you excited. I know that feeling where you want to get EVERYTHING organised as quickly as possible, and get your uniform set out and pressed and tried on and checked and put away and tried on again and again!

Don't let that excitement cloud your judgement on your first shift.
You are NOT superman.
You doo NOT have to do everything yourself.
You need to make sure that whatever you do, YOU are safe, and that your COLLEAGUES are safe.
If you do that and listen to them, then hopefully your venue and your customers will be safe too.

Even though folk are takin the p*ss, you will always get a serious answer with some jocularity thrown in. If you have any issues or questions after your first shift, come back here and ask them or highlight them.

Similarly, if you just wanna tell us how good our how bad it was, come and do it. It is OUR forum, and with all the newbies on here, people would maybe like to see what a first shift is really like.

All the best,
Stay safe,
Bubba

Bal93.

You may have noticed we're a bit ruthless in sending people up. Don't sweat it, and good luck.

V

...stick around. You aint seen nuthin yet :)

If you are still in Glasgow,
go to Adventure 1.
The car park opposite Slaters and the St Enoch Centre - it's just next to there.
G1 2AQ
They will have some Viper armbands in stock.

Hopefully that will meet your urgent requirements!!!

Seriously... good to see you excited. I know that feeling where you want to get EVERYTHING organised as quickly as possible, and get your uniform set out and pressed and tried on and checked and put away and tried on again and again!

Don't let that excitement cloud your judgement on your first shift.
You are NOT superman.
You doo NOT have to do everything yourself.
You need to make sure that whatever you do, YOU are safe, and that your COLLEAGUES are safe.
If you do that and listen to them, then hopefully your venue and your customers will be safe too.

Even though folk are takin the p*ss, you will always get a serious answer with some jocularity thrown in. If you have any issues or questions after your first shift, come back here and ask them or highlight them.

Similarly, if you just wanna tell us how good our how bad it was, come and do it. It is OUR forum, and with all the newbies on here, people would maybe like to see what a first shift is really like.

All the best,
Stay safe,
Bubba

Fair play Bubba, at least one person here has some sense of common decency......the rest of you are horrible bastards!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Close Protection World

I can see we have a couple of wise cracks on here.

The words bell and ends springs to mind.

I asked a question for advice, which was more than reasonable. Keep your shit jokes to yourself in future.

Take that attitude to the door with you laddie, see how well you get on!
You asked your question, you got your answer, and some good advice thrown in.
If you can't take a joke or being sent up then you should really, really consider sending your license back and asking for a refund.
What you got on here is tame in comparison to what you'll get on a door.....

If you can dish it out you can take it back simple as that. You just called them horrible bastards and are now backtracking on that tmac. Yes bubba gave me good advice and has done before which I appreciate. As for the saddos trying to break a young upstart it's pitiful. As for my attitude, I'm perfectly level when the situation requires it but I'm no mug. I'm clued up and would say I'm quite intelligent and studied at university level. I'm an eager individual with a burning desire to be successful in this industry which is why Ive taken on more than one job from the offset. I see this as helping me gain the valuable experience I need from more experienced operators that will stand me in good stead for the future. Taking the piss out of a young, driven and eager upstart really speaks volumes for the individual. I'm only trying to learn and make my way in business which should be looked upon positively in my eyes.

Nobody was taking the piss out of you for trying to make your way, just for your retarded question. I mean seriously, if you had ordered one off amazon before lunch today, you would have had it by monday at the latest.

How long have you known about the job? How long have you known you needed a badge holder? Sounds like bad admin on your part.

Ask a stupid question expect a stupid answer!

Don't take it personally Bal, it is the forum tradition to rib a newbie, a test of character if you will. There are a lot of good blokes (and ladies) on here with literally 1000's of years experience between them and are more than willing to offer advice and help, just choose your questions wisely! You will also need an established sence of humour, not just on the forum but in the industry in general..
Good luck with the new career.

Back