Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mally1

Administrator
Security Consultancy Services are in use more now than ever. Even though there's a range of products and technologies available to address electronic threats, network security requires the ongoing efforts of knowledgeable and attentive human beings.

Security consultancy for a local authority, conducting an Information Security Gap Analysis, using BS 7799 guidelines.

A Security Consultancy practice that focuses upon the delivery of security consultancy to a wide variety of customers in all sectors and industries.

Technical Security Consultancy services provide sound, reasoned technical advice on the security of an organisation's network.

The objective of the Retail Security Consultancy is to deal specifically with* problems*facing retailers*with the intention of*increasing* bottom line profits by identifying and eliminating areas of loss caused through systemic or criminal actions.

APG

Full Registered User
CAUTION; a number of training companies are wrongly stating they run an SIA approved Security Consultancy course; the SIA (albeit never directly) currently have no approved Security Consultant training providers listed.

Scab

Longterm Registered User
Any company that claims it runs 'SIA approved' courses is bulls**ting, the SIA approve nothing but a Contractors List.

AVL

Full Registered User
Hi guys,

Security Consultants were due to be licenced last year but it was pushed out by the SIA -rumour is licensing for this sector of security will proceed 2010, but as yet there is no set date. But like everything else watch ths space.

Anjee

RMPUSA

Full Registered User
Hi guys,

Security Consultants were due to be licenced last year but it was pushed out by the SIA -rumour is licensing for this sector of security will proceed 2010, but as yet there is no set date. But like everything else watch ths space.

Anjee
Personally I think it’s a good idea. Here in the US anyone can call themselves a security consultant. I think licensing both in Europe and the US would bring more credibility to our industry.
I attended an ASIS conference last year, and met a guy who had been a ‘security consultant’ for almost a year, and only recently found out about ASIS. He was advising US schools on gun control!

co19

People

Better than any course, try and find yourself a good mentor, in my opinion you will learn alot more. The problem I find with some courses for security which is only a small part of consulting services is the cut and paste mentality which looks bad to a client. Only an opinion and not directed at any course provider or course.

RMPUSA

Full Registered User
Better than any course, try and find yourself a good mentor, in my opinion you will learn allot more.
Very true. I have been under the guidance of a seasoned PMC lobbyist since I emigrated. What I read in books by retired lobbyists, is very different in the political PMC world.

Top Bottom