Security Institute Diploma in Security Management

Has anyone have ideas of security initiatives that can be utelized for this assignment.
I used liquids and gells at airports and a friend of mine used container security and WMD prolifiration initiative.A friend is also doing this Diploma but looking for another initiative?????

Detail a security initiative that you have been involved in (or have read about), and identify how security principles were used (effectively or ineffectively) in that initiative

Is he mil/ex mil? How about stagging on a gate? Going out on a patrol? Conducting VCPs... he should have a good knowledge of them rather than picking something he doesn't know about.

I have just joined the group and also just started this course. From what I've read it sounds good and my first 2 assignments are due in soon. Any tips would be greatful just to get me started as I want to ensure I get off to a good start. Its probably a confidence thing and the fact that as I haven't done a home study course before I am looking for a starting point as such.

Just finished this course. If anyone needs any help let me know.

Hi There

I am on the last assignment and just need some advice.

Skill for security management ad which do i understand.
The second part of the question regarding a more detailed job description and role etc.
Any advice on how to approach this one. I do get all the skills required but not sure how to go about it.???

Any advice would be appreciated....

This one is due in September the 12`th.

Thanking you

kilgert@gmail.com is my private mail address.

Kilgert how did you find the first 2 assignments.

I think assignment 1 is Ok, but assignment 2 took some thinking about.

Yeah, i found 1 a bit harder but two took a while to find a suitable initiative but did well on both when results came in so no complaint there. Where are you now with yours ??

Gents, I was the exact same, when i first started out with this course. The reading material i found didnt mean anything to me. Use google, that will open up loads of information to get you on your way. Good Luck!

Sounds like everyone has chosen the Container Security Initiative, I did too due to the amount of info on it. What a boring task for the marker lol.

Yeah, i found 1 a bit harder but two took a while to find a suitable initiative but did well on both when results came in so no complaint there. Where are you now with yours ??

Just got my results for Module 1 and got double distinction so well happy. Only comment is i need yo use the word count better. Did 1500ish words or slightly more so why the comment?

Funny that I got the same comment and did ask the marker, who replied that 1500 is a minimum really and if you use extracts or quotes they are not included.

Funny that I got the same comment and did ask the marker, who replied that 1500 is a minimum really and if you use extracts or quotes they are not included.

That's what I got back, but at the same time I was informed that the assignments shouldn't go over 5000 words either.

No worries there I'm going for between 1800 and 2000 but as long as I have put in the key points and show that further reading has been done then I'm happy with that. I just submitted module 2 which is not due in til October, but I got carried away because I like learning about counter terrorism. I think this course has gave me a bit of a learning bug, have you got any ideas what you want to do after this? I like the look of Portsmouth uni Cse.

No worries there I'm going for between 1800 and 2000 but as long as I have put in the key points and show that further reading has been done then I'm happy with that. I just submitted module 2 which is not due in til October, but I got carried away because I like learning about counter terrorism. I think this course has gave me a bit of a learning bug, have you got any ideas what you want to do after this? I like the look of Portsmouth uni Cse.

You might find something to interest you here: bucks new uni security | Innovative Education for Security and Resilience professionals

Just started Module 3 of the course. Ok with the first assignment, but its the second one about designing a workplace poster. Struggling to find the right wording on the poster and a design for it. The brief afterwards I think I'll be Ok with its just the designing side of things.

USXM137, I think they were looking for it to be aimed at a particular demographic, so what you would need to do would be to think of how to catch their attention and get the message across to them. So the design of your poster depends on the type of workplace that you want to put it in.

Back