Self defence training, gym, Krav Maga etc and taxes?

LondonIrish

Full Registered User
Hi,

Stupid question. But as someone who does contractor work through own LTD Company, mostly training others in HE type security, with rare but occasional trips to dodgy places. Can things like self defence training (e.g weekly sessions), gym membership and stuff like protein (ok pushing the boat out here :) be written off against taxes?

Thanks,
LI

God loves a tryer lol. Maybe user CPH2H will be along to advise but your post made me smile. A lot of things are tax deductable and I use most but haven't tried the gym membership yet, I await further replies with anticipation...

LI,

I believe they can, speak to your accountant!
Gym memberships, trade membership subscription fees etc I claim them, but my accountants are mega, my old aquarium were claimed as "office decorations"

Regards

premier

Sent from my iPhone using Close Protection World

I would thing there are far easier ways to reduce the tax liability 10,000 miles @ 45 p per mile is top of the list for using your personal car.

New computers and kit.

Spend on Research Development

Client entertainment / networking events and so on.

Or for the big bucks a nice VW Transporter to carry your kit.

Or for something more akin to the Golf Club car park a Porsche Hybrid £100K (inc options) 100% allowable against the corporation tax plus so 20ish % saving £5K contribution back from the government and very low personal tax liability.

However, for a proper answer, speak to Whittaker & Co.

Regards

James

Self defence is the use of physical force to counter a quickly threat of violence. Self defence is that involving defending oneself or the well-being of other from harm.Krav Maga is a self defence system. Recognised for its practical approach to self defence, its effectiveness.

Back