Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Self Employed

robbo8856

Full Registered User
Guys

Can one be a Self Employed Key Holder?

I've recently left doing CP/Convoy work after 4 years in Iraq, and am looking around for my best option.

After reading all the info on Key Holding , it does seem a good option IF you can generate the business.

Does anyone know what kind of qualifications or badges I would need to have to go into this type of employment , without working for a registered company but for myself?

Cheers

Robbo

Stoney

Super Moderator
As long as you have an SIA Licence you can work as a Key Holder, Does not matter which one you have as Key Holder is the lowest badge (actually its a letter) you can get.

Most of the other badges allow you to work as a keyholder, and other roles dependant on the badge.

Regards,
Stoney

The money is not that great and the hours are long. It might be easier to work for a coy, by the time you pay insurance and get car fitted out with safe etc etc ...

Regards

T

azzbrown

Mate have a look at this www.securityfranchise.co.uk, the bloke graham venn is franchising his company "pattrolguard" the company is likely to acheive aproved contractor status and will cover all franchises basicaly for a franchise fee as always your car gets fitted out with safe, tracker, ect and you offer alarm responce, keyholding and mobile patrols not a bad deal i ahve been to one of the open day. if you like however and do not want to franchise and just want to do it yourself i have quite a good business plan to suite this kind of company

regards
aaron brown

annie

Full Registered User
Have you not thought about being a locksmith? I know there is a place in North East that does courses, just thinking it may give you an extra way of earning is all

try www.uklocksmithsassociation.co.uk for training centres

Last edited:

Prestige76

Longterm Registered User
Im not 100% but I think you need a badge for the static guard side of things. i.e. if the house etc has been broken in to you are guarding it till the Police come (best take some food and a chair it could be a while:)

ronald

Longterm Registered User
aS STONEY,SAID THE LOWEST BADGE SECURITY GUARD WILL DO FOR KEY HOLDING.
ONE OF THE MANAGERS WITHIN THE COMPANY I WORK FOR DOES THE KEY HOLDING,AND HE HAS GOT THE GUARD BADGE,DON'T GO FOR THE LETTER CAUSE A LOT OF TIME YOU WILL BE WORKING FRONTLINE.IF YOU NEED ANYTHING AS TEMPLATES OR ANY OTHER INFO REGARDING KEYHOLDING DROP ME A PM
RONALD

Top Bottom