Serviceman needs advice!

jack_von_hat

Full Registered User
Hi all,
I'm in my final few months in the RAF Regiment.
I'm looking to get into survelliance either full or part time.
I've been in the regiment for 7 1/2 years, leaving due to wanting more stability, career enhancement and no more 6 month tours!
I've been looking into surveillance for a while now. I was succesful in getting to the final stages with a goverment survelliance vacancy. The taster I enjoyed immensely!
Since then i've not had much direction with which to follow.
I've no domestic surveillance qualifications, however due to my current role I have been operating in Iraq gather intelligence, op's, close target reccies etc.
I'm currently living in Northern Ireland and looking for some advice from anyone in the know!
I belive there is a surveillance training company who run the odd course in Northern Ireland, but i'm wondering what the potential outcome will be. I.e. if there is a call for this type of work.
I've also seen the police are now forming new counter terrorism units with surveillance roles. Most of these are open to serving police officers with the level one surveillance qualification. However i have just seen in quest magazine(a resettlement mag for the forces) that the Counter Terrorism units have a open day today for service personnel.
Does anyone know if they are going to be actively recruiting armed forces memebers in the near future.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any help would be great

Back