SF Dog?

I doubt it they would have had to kill it due to its high aggression, maybe a detection dog, possible contractors? Very sad it will be very badly treated look at its posture and the ears for a Mali?

If it's a Brit dog I can find out. My issue is the Brit SF dogs aren't the type you can mong around with. They're constantly biting Blades because of their super high drive. Hope the pooch is OK though.

If it's a Brit dog I can find out. My issue is the Brit SF dogs aren't the type you can mong around with. They're constantly biting Blades because of their super high drive. Hope the pooch is OK though.

I can confirm that. I have been to DAC with aes69 when he was a trainer there and saw the SF malis, definitely not to be fcuked around with. Not as good as my two though were they Mark? ;)

I doubt it they would have had to kill it due to its high aggression, maybe a detection dog, possible contractors? Very sad it will be very badly treated look at its posture and the ears for a Mali?

The dog's body language and posture suggests that it is fearful of those around it. It is not a Mali. It may be a Mali cross.

Footage of the dog-

SAS Dog Captured By Taliban In Afghanistan - YouTube

A military dog captured by the Taliban and paraded on TV is British and went missing during an SAS mission that cost the life of a British soldier, Sky News understands.

Early reports had suggested the dog, called Colonel, was from the US but sources in Washington have denied this.

The dog was taken during an operation on December 23 last year east of Kabul.

Captain Richard Holloway, 29, was killed during the mission. He was from the Royal Engineers Regiment but served with the SAS.

Capt Holloway has been described by his commanding officer as a "natural leader", whose "tactical ability commanded wide respect".

He added: "His judgement was un-erring, his enthusiasm was infectious and his standards never dropped."

The military regularly use dogs for surveillance and bomb detection.

The fate of Colonel is not known. The Ministry of Defence has not commented on the reports.

But a statement from the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said: "We can confirm that a military working dog went missing following an ISAF mission in December, 2013.

"It is ISAF policy to defer identification to the appropriate national authorities."

Last edited:
Interested to see that the commentator said that the dog had a tracker? Does that mean the yanks will be knocking on the door asking for their dog back.

Interested to see that the commentator said that the dog had a tracker? Does that mean the yanks will be knocking on the door asking for their dog back.

Read the posts. It's a British dog. And if you knew anything about dog training equipment you'd know the so-called "Tracker" was actually an E-Collar reciever. Jeezus!

Condolences the the handler's family and friends. Good thoughts for the dog if it's still among the living.

Well blow my socks Howard what a clever yank you are......yes you are right I know nothing about dogs......married a few though!!!

from what i have heard from the brits its not there dog, there hasn't been a dog called colonel used.
but from what Howardk said about the E-Collar reciever the brit SF use them for entering compounds on there dogs.
secondly the weapons shown on TV werent SF brits.
On a plus side a while back (unsure on time scale) the aussie sf guys lost a dog, then found the dog alive and well 18 months later. dont how true it is, but lets hope the same fate is for colenel.

Back