Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SIA Licence appeal

nrgm1987

My SIA licence renewal has been refused (considering additional factors) due to a conviction of common assault in June 2015 where I was given a community service order. I have all my character references ready to send off but the appeal section of the SIA website has a text box where i'm required to state my appeal.

This is where im currently stuck as i'm not quite sure what to put. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

premier

Longterm Registered User
You might want to start by explaining why you feel you should be granted a license, you should also be prepared to explain why you didn't declare your conviction at the time it happened, rather than working until the license expires,you are supposed to!

The nature of the conviction,
what it is due to is always a factor,
Fight, drunken fight etc.

I think you might have a problem, due to not disclosing the conviction at the time makes it harder to ask for their sympathy so to speak

Regards

premier

You might want to start by explaining why you feel you should be granted a license, you should also be prepared to explain why you didn't declare your conviction at the time it happened, rather than working until the license expires,you are supposed to!

The nature of the conviction,
what it is due to is always a factor,
Fight, drunken fight etc.

I think you might have a problem, due to not disclosing the conviction at the time makes it harder to ask for their sympathy so to speak

Regards

premier
Premier makes a very valid point, security personnel are supposed to be able to act within specific guidelines/laws and have an element of integrity, it appears that this integrity is lacking in this instance. That should be a factor in any appeal. That said common assault is a relatively minor offence.

Top Bottom