Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SIA Licence Tax Relief

K

kate

I have been speaking to a couple of people this morning and it turns out they werent aware of this, I think most of you will be but just in case here ya go

Tax Relief on SIA Licence Fee
SIA negotiates tax relief for security workers
The Security Industry Authority has gained agreement from the Inland Revenue for the SIA licence fee to be tax deductible – which is great news for those employed in the private security industry.
The Inland Revenue has agreed to update existing tax relief regulations so that SIA licence fees paid by workers in the private security industry will qualify for the relief.
Security workers who pay their own licence fee will be able to claim tax relief against their taxable income. For a worker paying the basic rate of tax the relief is worth £41.80, and for those on a higher tax rate the relief is £76.80.
There will also be no tax or national insurance liability where an employer is paying the fee on behalf of employees.
The Inland Revenue regulation that covers the relief is The Income Tax (Professional Fees) Order 2004 SI No.1360.
To claim the relief contact your nearest Inland Revenue enquiry centre, details of which can be found in the telephone book or on the Inland Revenue's web site.

Tax Relief on SIA Licence Fee - Security Industry Authority

Again, not wishing to insult anyones intelligence here but alot of people dont take advantage of this, and don't apply for it, but it takes the sting out of the £245 fee, not much but a little.

PaulSmith

Longterm Registered User
Does anyone know- if I got my licence 2 years ago can I claim in retrospect?

K

kate

I claimed the relief for my first badge last October, 2 years after it had been issued, am not sure if they have changed it now but you should be ok for it

yorkie030

Longterm Registered User
Does anyone know- if I got my license 2 years ago can I claim in retrospect?
As Kate said you should be fine Paul, as I've claimed for mine for the last 4 years & had it successfully backdated my friend! :D

Also do you know if you wear a uniform for work & have to wash it yourself then you can claim 'tax relief' on that too!? ;)

-Yorkie- :cool:

simar

Full Registered User
This worked for me.

Dear Sir/Madam

[FONT=&quot]I am writing to request basic tax relief of £53.90 under The Income Tax (Professional Fees) Order 2004 SI No.1360 for my SIA Door Supervisors Licence.[/FONT]

K

kate

Indeed I do, your like the littlest hobo but with more hair!!!!! Good to hear from you again tho, hope you've been having yourself some fun! Catch up next time round.

triggerhappy

Full Registered User
Hmmm lots to tell that can't be good knowing you !!! am i going to need to go to work again ?? hows the long hair stud muffining , i like him he's cool abit ****ed up but funny

K

kate

Hmmm lots to tell that can't be good knowing you !!! am i going to need to go to work again ?? hows the long hair stud muffining , i like him he's cool abit ****ed up but funny
Slightly shorter hair now but still f***ed up n funny, nah he's cool, i'll bring with and u can see for yourself....and wait out on the work! PM from now on i think mate.

Top Bottom