SIA query

Togger

Full Registered User
Hi guys,

I am currently a serving cop and have worked on the surveillance/covert side of Policing for the last 6 years. I am coming up for retiring and thinking of putting my skills to use in the private sector.
I have just been looking on the Home Office/SIA site about licencing requiriements for the Private Sector and it just says Quote: "In December 2014, the Home Office said the Government expects the introduction of the statutory licensing of private Investigation activities to come into force as soon as possible during the next Parliamentary session, which starts in May 2015."

Can anyone confirm if this has been brought in yet?

Whilst in the Police world we have access to lots of legislation etc, I cant seem to find an update to this.

Regards,
T

Hasn't been implemented and will take some time I imagine.

We in Ireland however, have been subjected to PI licensing since November.

A badly thought out scheme, with no formal training requirement and the doling out of licenses to security companies who have never done a days SV or investigation in their lives, has decimated the sector.

Every Tom, Dick and Muppet who had ever watched Magnum PI thinks they can spend their days running around catching crooks!

It'll be the same over there, just like CP.

Back