Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Slam man

DAVYF44

Full Registered User
Looking for info on the slam man i do alot of boxing training just wondering if it is any good at £229

ClarkKent

have you tried some second hand kit?
any one that is refurbished?
any one that is slightly used?

any of them?

bigscottyboy

Longterm Registered User
Ive got a free standing punch bag, was a lot cheaper than a slam man at £100 and doesn't sound as gay either... I quite like mine!

dannywayoflife

Longterm Registered User
I much prefer a proper hanging bag better for movement and developing power in my opinion. But of you can't have a hanging bag then a free standing will do. I think the slam man things are pump personally

Ivan67

Longterm Registered User
They are not as good as taking that 230 quid and putting that towards a boxing club membership. With the Slam Man all you get is some plastic item that will certainly one evening get shot when you get up for that glass of water.

With a boxing club membership, you get to train with like minded folks, there will always be someone there to help, you will only want to push your self harder, and a boxing club is a great place for new opportunities.

jloveday

Longterm Registered User
I personally think that a good solid heavy bag is best, it enables you to develop power, strength and overall endurance. I believe you can get them at a more reasonable price too. And as Ivan says get a membership to a decent gym, and even better do some good quality sparring, cant beat it.

regards
JL

Heavyweight Boxer
Frank Warren Promotions
Former junior olympian Light Heavyweight
adding my 10p worth :)

Standeasy

Longterm Registered User
I've got an old Slam Man sat gathering dust and spiders in the garage. The base is full of set-like-concrete wet sand so would need something substantial to collect (near Gloucester) but happy to give for the price of a few beers.....

Top Bottom