Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Smallest Diameter Analog/IP PTZ Camera

KPNEST

Hello All,

I'm looking for the smallest possible diameter camera with ptz functionality. I'm aiming to get less than 70mm if possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Karl

premier

Longterm Registered User
KPNEST,

If I was looking for kit I'd visit Ifsec!

Lots of Gucci Kit from around the world that they'd sooner sell than take back to their factories

Regards

premier

Visioneer

Super Moderator
Hello All,

I'm looking for the smallest possible diameter camera with ptz functionality. I'm aiming to get less than 70mm if possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Karl
What zoom ratio, max focal length, range to subject ? What are the lighting conditions ?

Gimme the budget, and I'll give you one the size of a fag butt.

V :)

KPNEST

What zoom ratio, max focal length, range to subject ? What are the lighting conditions ?

Gimme the budget, and I'll give you one the size of a fag butt.

A 10x digital zoom should be OK, 18mm focal length should be OK, not sure about the question range to subject to be honest. Lighting conditions will be decent streetlight at worst.

Budget ... $1500, I suspect the fag butt option is gonna be expensive!

tomengineer

Forum Supporter
Hi. More info would be needed. Will you be using a recorder or joystick control or direct PC
PTZs are the size of your hand now .... Are you adding it to a system ?

Visioneer

Super Moderator
A 10x digital zoom should be OK, 18mm focal length should be OK, not sure about the question range to subject to be honest. Lighting conditions will be decent streetlight at worst.

Budget ... $1500, I suspect the fag butt option is gonna be expensive!
Typically most commercial units are 100 > 150mm, with a fairly minimal optical zoom range. 3:1 ? 10x Digital will screw resolution but may be suitable for some applications.

Chucking away most of the housing / dome, might get you close to where you need to be, depending on exactly what you need it for.

KPNEST

Hi Guys,

thanks for your help so far. I'll be using a transmitter designed for analog cameras to send a live video feed via 3g or 4g to be recorded on a server. I'm adding it to a system yes, transmitter and a large vertical battery pack, height isnt a problem... diameter is.

Visioneer, what budget range do I need to be in to qualify for your more esoteric solutions?

Visioneer

Super Moderator
Hi Guys,

thanks for your help so far. I'll be using a transmitter designed for analog cameras to send a live video feed via 3g or 4g to be recorded on a server. I'm adding it to a system yes, transmitter and a large vertical battery pack, height isnt a problem... diameter is.

Visioneer, what budget range do I need to be in to qualify for your more esoteric solutions?
A LOT more than you've got to spend :)

On the other hand, depending where the thing has to go, environment, hide / housing, etc, I may have a cunning plan......

tomengineer

Forum Supporter
Hi. Analog PTZ camera over mobile internet to a server ....... Has problems ..... You will need a stream from the camera first as it is analog also you can't use PTZ protocol over 3-4g direct to an analog camera.

How do you intend mounting and using the camera

premier

Longterm Registered User
KPNEST,

Will you need to control telemetry remotely or are you using a simple pattern or patrol?,
Also does the ptz need to track any subject matter that enters an image?

You stated 3G or 4G transmission kit is this due to a range issue?

I have used lots of different solutions lately and have found that using nanobeam kit or gsm routers have offered a better more stable solution subject to budget, that said by spending on TX / RX kit you can save on camera cost and control by using an ip camera.

Regards

premier

KPNEST

Hi premier,

Sorry for the late reply. No control of telemetry will be needed. Ptz will have presets but won't need to track any subject. We have a transmission kit that allows control of PTZ from analogue cameras using RS485 protocol.

Yes, 4G, 3G is necessary because we'll need to control the camera from anywhere.

If we use an IP camera the challenge is finding one below 70mm or a small camera block with a small PT unit.

Thanks,
Karl

Top Bottom