SOC Contract

22. prosinca 2009. 01:19
RE: SOC Guard position.

Sir,
I am sorry but the requirements changed and all we can hire are Brits and Aussie. I am trying to get this changed.
Shane

so to the people who are in Iraq, how is the job? how is everything generally? accomodation? food? weapons? rotation?
Just out of interest.

I almost went myself but something elsecame up......

Britishfighter,

my mate Wullie Reilly went out on the 17 Dec and i received a few txts from him on xmas day saying it was crap and he was coming home after tending his resignation.

He did not elaborate on the conditions or the job, i am just waiting for his email explaining to me, but i was LMAO at the txt messages.

Britishfighter,

my mate Wullie Reilly went out on the 17 Dec and i received a few txts from him on xmas day saying it was crap and he was coming home after tending his resignation.

He did not elaborate on the conditions or the job, i am just waiting for his email explaining to me, but i was LMAO at the txt messages.

Willie's an old sweat, if he says its crap, its crap!. If your reading this mate, look after yourself and GTF from there ASAP. But as mentioned above by a few guys, a bit of a wake up call for people intent on doing HE work under ANY conditions

and heading to Iraq is a sure fire way of putting bread and butter on the table?

So there's absolutely no work to be had in the UK just now? in any capacity? I don't think so....

There's putting food on the table, and then there's wanting to be one of the big boys and doing HRE out in Iraq and Afghanistan.....come on guys realistic goals where your family are not under any stress because of your location, you DONT have to work in HRE's to put food on the table ;)

and heading to Iraq is a sure fire way of putting bread and butter on the table?

So there's absolutely no work to be had in the UK just now? in any capacity? I don't think so....

There's putting food on the table, and then there's wanting to be one of the big boys and doing HRE out in Iraq and Afghanistan.....come on guys realistic goals where your family are not under any stress because of your location, you DONT have to work in HRE's to put food on the table ;)

My statement of putting bread and butter on the table was meant as an expression. Not, oh you must go here bla bla where did that come from?

Why are there so many people on this forum shoting people down?

Britishfighter,

i dont think Argyll is trying to shoot anyone down on this forum, alot of his posts are very informative and helpful and i think he is just expressing his view on things as we all do on this forum.

Dont take things to heart mate

My statement of putting bread and butter on the table was meant as an expression. Not, oh you must go here bla bla where did that come from?

Why are there so many people on this forum shoting people down?

And if you had read what I wrote I said heading to an HRE is not the be all and end all of job opportunities, there's always work to be had, it comes down to what you feel you can work for, and is stacking shelves in any high street supermarket any less important or demeaning than having to feel the need to work HRE? surely shelve stacking puts bread and butter on the same said table?

I've read on here COUNTLESS times that guys are desperate for work and would take the crappy jobs.........just like this one to put "bread and butter on the table" so if they had the opportunity after 6 months on the dole to stack shelves, and EARN a living, they would turn their noses up at that opportunity in the belief they're better suited to HRE's?

It's not a slur on anyone's character, it's a reality check that HRE is NOT always the answer, and the job you look to put your meals on tables and I know Wullie's character too, and if he says it's a crap gig, then I'd take his word for it.... I've said this before there's nothing wrong with stacking shelves to earn a living, thousands of people do it daily/nightly...or do some security gig in mothercare, it's a means to an end, you come home every night to your loved ones, you never miss birthdays, funerals and anniversaries, you get to cuddle your loved ones every night, you live in comfort and have all the mod cons you need, and if you're flush, you can nip out to the boozer and meet up with mates......
There's no IDF, IED's no VBIED's no SAF attacks, it's a minimal risk job, but when you put yourself into harms way in HRE's, you are totally restricted to what you can and can't do, and and limited movement, 8-12 weeks away at a time puts a hell of a strain on a relationship, even if the cash is good...it's something a LOT of guys don't consider.....and that's on the deployed side, when you come home, the house changes, people in it do, they have routine, and you come home and upset that, your partner wants the best of things too, so a word of advice as well guys, treat every wage like it's your last and SAVE don't go for the flash gear, you will end up living beyond your means, and one day, you will no longer be able to do such work, and the wages will be on par with the UK....some are close there now......
Think hard of what you're putting your family through should you get a chance to work in a job you know little about, and have had lots of heads up that these jobs are never what they advertise....due diligence chaps

...............There's no IDF, IED's no VBIED's no SAF attacks, it's a minimal risk job, but when you put yourself into harms way in HRE's, you are totally restricted to what you can and can't do, and and limited movement, 8-12 weeks away at a time puts a hell of a strain on a relationship, even if the cash is good...it's something a LOT of guys don't consider.....and that's on the deployed side, when you come home, the house changes, people in it do, they have routine, and you come home and upset that, your partner wants the best of things too, so a word of advice as well guys, treat every wage like it's your last and SAVE don't go for the flash gear, you will end up living beyond your means, and one day, you will no longer be able to do such work, and the wages will be on par with the UK....some are close there now......
Think hard of what you're putting your family through should you get a chance to work in a job you know little about, and have had lots of heads up that these jobs are never what they advertise....due diligence chaps

The most sensible post anyone has put on here for a long time

Good advice there but will anyone listen?

My honest advice to anyone without a definite "in" to one of the better contracts would be don't waste your money trying to jump onto a sinking ship! there are good gigs about of course but these go to the guy's who have years of experience and yes ALL TOGETHER NOW "IT"S NOT WHAT YOU KNOW, IT'S WHO YOU KNOW!!!!" but thats a bit misleading really as it's more a case of "WHO WILL PUT THERE NAME TO YOU", thats the reality and it's the same whether your an operator in HE, a CPO in London or a welder in Newcastle.

Explore other avenues of employment in safer environments and that goes for the guy's actually out in the HE regions as well, i see young lads living the dream (as they call it) with the fast cars,bikes,multiple properties,jumping on jets to watch the UFC in Vegas and its not going to last but thats their only exposure to civilian life since they left the forces, reality will one day bite.
As Argyll says save some cash, with 20,30,40,50k whatever in the bank you have a springboard for future success, pretty much any skill or career path is open to you as long as you have a brain and the money to pay for the training. Personal story, i used to work with a builder who wanted to fly helicopters, being honest the guy was as thick as mince but after mucho lessons got his private then commercial pilots licence, he now flies one of the county air ambulances!! How inspiring is that?!

Be careful what you wish for guy's you may just get it, for those of you determined to get out to the HE regions then try to stick with the big UK players, Aegis,Olive and CRG, you will gain valuable experience and contacts within a good sound risk assessed project with reasonable gear,life support,badging,leave and pay.

If you can't get with these companies then you may have to bite the bullet and accept that there is a reason why they are not hiring you.

Bit of a ramble there gents but i hope that some may find merit in the points made.

Regards

Daz

hullos all i have just come back from the soc contract was not for me thats all i am saying about it make up your own mind when you go out.... ten days was enough for me happy days all the expats are a good bunch out there

wullie out

Wullie, you need to be a bit more specific mate before any of the other guys out there shoot you down, you're a respected forum member, what was so bad other than everything lol

Wullie, you need to be a bit more specific mate before any of the other guys out there shoot you down, you're a respected forum member, what was so bad other than everything lol

i agree although ill not be shooting anyone lol.. no but im very interested in reading what crack is? also is it just where he is? or all over? i haven't spoke with jase king who is a member much since he left but i got the impression it was ok....mmmmmmmm

all be it im still waiting to hear back from SOC so im very intrigued.........

eagler awaiting an update from both members....

slick............. merry xmas and happy new year....shame on cpw i never got a happy birthday yesterday :( im now officially 26 unofficially 36 lol or is that the other way around lol..........

Back