Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Software for retrieving a date/time stamp?

Pussers

Longterm Registered User
I have a question for the camera techies out there...

I have a Canon Powershot SX10IS. Although I can programme the date and time into the camera, none of my downloaded stills will show a date/time stamp.

I have heard that there is software out there that retrieves the date/time information from the codec for 'PRINTING' stills pictures with a date/time stamp. Really, that's not what I want, as I download my stills into a report format when presenting a report of evidence.

Does anyone know if there is software out there that can retrieve the date/time info from the codec, and then shows this on the downloaded still? I heard that there may be an issue with this being a possibility of tampering with evidence, but then also heard that this wasn't the case, as the information was already there in the codec.

Does anyone have any steers with this? (Non-techie speak would be much appreciated!) ;)

Many thanks in advance,

Pussers.

Pussers

Longterm Registered User
Is that non techie enough!
Absolutely spot on! (For me) ;)

I've downloaded the trial version to have a look and it looks like exactly what I needed. Have you experienced any problems with the program at all?

Cheers muchly,

Pussers.

spa

Absolutely spot on! (For me) ;)

I've downloaded the trial version to have a look and it looks like exactly what I needed. Have you experienced any problems with the program at all?

Cheers muchly,

Pussers.
I have just downloaded it too as i have the same problem.
From what i can see it date stamps it and lots of other stuff like camera make and exposure time but does not give you the option to time stamp it.

Any one have any ideas ?

Tim

davew877

If you have downloaded from the link I posted below then it does time stamp the photo along with the day month and year. Have a look bottom right of the screen when you open the programme, there is a drop down menu next to Date Format, click it and click on:

DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm

You will then get Day, Month, Yaer, Hours mins.

Dave

Top Bottom