Sso

irishdoorsupervisor

Longterm Registered User
Hi all

Come september I am either going to be completing a sso/anti piracy or cpo course to further my career in security, I am coming from a security background ds/sg/events and aviation no military or police experience. My question for you who may be in this line of work - is there any demand for none ex military personnel may that be anti piracy or basic sso roles thanks

IDS

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

trublue

Longterm Registered User
You need to have a military background of a minimum of 5 yrs to be even considered by a marsec company, dont waste your money, however if you do not believe me then read past threads on this subject in the marsec forum.

The market is becoming flooded, every man and his dog want to get in to it.

PADDYOS

Longterm Registered User
You need to have a military background of a minimum of 5 yrs to be even considered by a marsec company, dont waste your money, however if you do not believe me then read past threads on this subject in the marsec forum.

The market is becoming flooded, every man and his dog want to get in to it.

yes i agree with you there, maritime is that flooded that companies can now choose to have guys with transit experience.

highseas66

Longterm Registered User
Hi all

Come september I am either going to be completing a sso/anti piracy or cpo course to further my career in security, I am coming from a security background ds/sg/events and aviation no military or police experience. My question for you who may be in this line of work - is there any demand for none ex military personnel may that be anti piracy or basic sso roles thanks

IDS

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Save your money bud ex mil experience is an essential i dont think any company will take on a civvi now

lneale06

I`d definately try your hand at something else mate because to be brutally honest its a nightmare even for blokes with mil experiance to get a transit never someone like yourself without the relevant mil experiance

irishdoorsupervisor

Longterm Registered User
thanks for the replies folks, i have built up a good network over the years that would be more aimed at CPO so i think ill take a crack at that other than going in blind to Maritime

IDS