Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

summer festivals

W

whisky2

hi all , anyone got any work coming in for any of the summer festivals , have registered with all the usual showsec ,g4s etc any info greatly appreciated .
cheers guys

pete264

Full Registered User
hi mate
yes try (wtd ).,working the doors there are quite alot on there for event work.

pete264

sean4wrk

Full Registered User
long hrs 12/18 per shift, £9 an hour if your lucky,crap food if any, sunburn, cold, wet, breaks if your lucky,no travel pay,no sleep,live in a tent, shirt filler. ITS GREAT!!! see you there

fbg

Several are cancelled this year due to the olympics so no Glastonbury and no Big Chill

fbg

Pyrene

Longterm Registered User
I am however organising security for a festival in essex (if it all goes ahead) charity so probably low pay but we shall see, if anyone is interested and in that area give me a buzz

sarahrr

I did work for Showsec last year. If you have the ambition and the aptitude for security work and want your SIA badge paid for this is one of the companies to go for. If you are able to put up with long hours with few breaks (18 hours fifteen minute break on my first day) and to realise that the supervisors are either OK (kind, straightforward and no nonsense as they should be) or real bullies who have no qualms about being extremely sexist. The kind of thing you might expect from problem punters not your bosses. In terms of training for stewards its deplorable. The training day itself was fine but no indication of what was expected on the job. I was a trained steward (!!) and told to check bags and also put bags through a security scanner - which I was only told afterwards is the job of a SIA. A good thing about Showsec is that they do pay on time. The food is OK, the uniforms are comfortable and suitable. They do tend to deal with problem punters by using words and looks over brute force which is admirable - however Page 3 sun comments from supervisors when you are tired and a long way from home does not go down that well! Smaller companies will treat you much better over all. G4S are even more disorganised than Showsec and again the staff are mixed.

Top Bottom