Surveiilance Heaven or Hell?

medicgirl

Longterm Registered User
A few months ago a neighbour (not immediate) was prone to having a few too many sherbets and trashing their flat, holding baby out the window upside down and rearranging each others' faces most weekends. It wasn't rocket science when the Police got involved, social services and other agencies.....the fella was up to all sorts of mischief and I heard a tale being told about him supposedly being injured on a contstruction site.....I think the amount of alcohol he consumed must have been of some assistance with the *cough* PAIN.

After a patricuarly violent weekend (them not me of course) I noticed a gentleman in a small van and on one occasion a toyota appearing to be attempting to gather surveillance footage of the pair, but mostly the chap. I wouldn't mind so much but this operator was stupid and lazy and just.... bad! Added to that the fact that he liked the view of the rear of the target property which meant sitting rather near to my house.
I put up with it for a while until he was joined by a female (yes we ALL know that women make the best S.O's don't we?) but by this point I'd had my limit, let's face it if the footage of the guy running around the estate and playing with a large dog, hanging out washing and jumping into a construction company marked van for a 12 hour day didn't do it then my God this crew were bad!
Feeling more than a little mischievious and it being a slow day here in the MG household I decided that I would ring a Police PCSO who I happend to have "worked" with lately and have his number in my phone......I report that there appears to be a man and women having innapropriate sex in the car, would he kindly take a look as I'd rather my kiddies didn't learn about sex in that manner.....
Oh the satisfaction of a job well done, the look on the Operatives faces when PC plod rocks up and starts questioning them!
So tell me..........am I going to surveillance hell or heaven now? Or should I just write to Santa now and apologise?
Have a similar tale to tell?

Hell im afraid. Its the client dictates how many hours of surv they want.
You could have offered them an obo point from your back bedroom

fbg

Oh the satisfaction of a job well done, the look on the Operatives faces when PC plod rocks up and starts questioning them!
I take it the problem of your AS neighbours still exists so I am trying to work out why someone sat in a car trying to help solve that problem would annoy you so much as to commit an offence yourself?

I would lay off any self medication you are on at the moment as it is not helping.

If they are that bad at their job then I can't understand why they have nt been compromised already. As the man sat in the front of the van should be in the back of the van!!!.......poor drills

Very poor drills indeed and had the two residents of that flat not been heavily drunk and using drugs they'd easily otherwise had noticed. A neighbour had apparantly reported that a "strange man" seemed to be trying to take pictures and even then the guy didn't seem massively thrid party aware. For the record: I am not self medicating, perish the thought!
The neighbours were moved on with the Polices' assistance after the violence/flat trashing etc worsened.
It's not the first time that I've met terrible surveillance operatives, God knows where they keep springing up from, my kids could do a better job!

The amount of times I have had work offered to me by a client then they go away when I give then a quote, only to come back again in a few days as they say that the operative did nt see anything. When asked if they were given the basics opening......closing down footage their answer was no then I would say how do you know that the operative was there for the time that you have paid him for?

Once upon a time...I had a demo company surveillance vehicle, fully fitted with all the toys.

Safely stashed in the car park of my local, where I was partaking of my early doors sherbet. On looking out the pub window, we saw a large white van parked up on some waste ground, no obvious driver, but we could see it periodically rocking. Being a good citizen, I immediately phoned the local nick to report this suspicous activity. Half hour later, a guy came in the pub, asking for a Mr V. Taking me on one side, he flashed his HMRC ID Card, politely requesting that we ignore his vehicle as they were on a job.

As one professional to another, I offered the 'you show me yours, I'll show you mine', tour of my van. He had a quick look, almost departing in tears. Couple of days later, after a successful drugs bust, the guy returned to the pub, with their van. Bog standard white van, 2 x teachests in the back as seats, camcorder on a tripod, looking through a dividing curtain.

Almost felt sorry for the poor sod, but then it was HMRC.....

V :)

As one professional to another, I offered the 'you show me yours, I'll show you mine', tour of my van. He had a quick look, almost departing in tears. Couple of days later, after a successful drugs bust, the guy returned to the pub, with their van. Bog standard white van, 2 x teachests in the back as seats, camcorder on a tripod, looking through a dividing curtain.

It's not the quantity, it's the quality.

He must have removed the the additional equipment and odour? Don't want to be a potty mouth! Pun intended.

The amount of times I have had work offered to me by a client then they go away when I give then a quote, only to come back again in a few days as they say that the operative did nt see anything. When asked if they were given the basics opening......closing down footage their answer was no then I would say how do you know that the operative was there for the time that you have paid him for?

There you go again! Bringing logic into this group...

Once upon a time...I had a demo company surveillance vehicle, fully fitted with all the toys.

Safely stashed in the car park of my local, where I was partaking of my early doors sherbet. On looking out the pub window, we saw a large white van parked up on some waste ground, no obvious driver, but we could see it periodically rocking. Being a good citizen, I immediately phoned the local nick to report this suspicous activity. Half hour later, a guy came in the pub, asking for a Mr V. Taking me on one side, he flashed his HMRC ID Card, politely requesting that we ignore his vehicle as they were on a job.

"Back in the day" HMRC rarely, if ever, used only one operative or just one vehicle on any target, as well as using decoys in the same mix. Plus, they bitch and moan, but are the best funded, with the best kit. Why? because they generate MONEY, and can confiscate kit on almost a 'whim' plus being able to search almost anywhere for any thing at almost any time; making them the biggest group you never want to piss off. I doubt they have changed much since my day.

I totally Agree. Give the work to Sparta! Havnt laughed so much in ages. Top programme and example for all of us to follow. How they get away with saying they employ ex military on their office front ill never know. Why cannot the tv nobheads commission a proper programme with a reputable company. Edit it properly etc and lessons could be learned for all. Plus it would highlight how complicated it is to do a task properly. It would then hopefully lead to companies changing their sops etc and employ decent blokes and girls.
the "hunted" programme was equally naff as well.
Funny how all the SIA regulation has been conveniently forgot about in this time of needing extra resouces and manpower to try to stop a paris happening on our own doorsteps.

Back