Surveillance Course Advice-cheers

Andy,

As you asked.

If someone comes on one of our courses and does not come up to scratch he will FAIL (sorry - not yet pass).

It may be a poor decision commercially, because people might not come on our courses thinking that they might fail, but that's the way it is.

Anyone thinking that they can get a BTEC Level 3 in surveillance the easy way, can't because of the observed assessment system.

I have heard of so many guys taking their CP qualification with a certain CP training company because they know it is a pushover. Quote, 'I already have my first aid certificate, I just need the little bit to get me through the test paper'. Never mind being trained properly, they just want the ticket and who can blame them...

Anyway, now that's out of the way, I'm off.

Peter
ISS Training Ltd
Surveillance Training - ISS Training Limited

There is no easy way through Gaining any Level 3 STATUS weather its a( ASET )OR BTEC ( EDEXCEL). It takes dedication,time and belief. However as training providers we are simply commited to delivering quality in such a way that YOU the Candidate can Understand, not everyone has the same learning skills and so additional time may have to be spent on an Individual basis untill it is grasped and understood and practically carried out in a effective and proficient manner.

No training Provider should simply pass or fail and I find it hard to believe because all providers have a duty to uphold to YOU. If your a good training provider then every Candidate should go away having the basics required to gain Level 3 status, they may not be operationally ready but with a chance and some experience can put their knowledge to good use. It all comes with time spent on the ground as we all know. You can have a Candidate who shines in everything but on their first time out just falls to pieces through inexperience and lack of confidence.

That is why the process of units and learning outcomes are there, not so we can tell everyone how long its took to get accredited but to show Candidates that there is a professional system inplace to get them to the required standard which should always be the very highest possible.

if your a professional training provider the aim should be to get Everyone to a required basic Level, and should always cater for the various learning skills of an Individual. Just to simply pass or fail isn't helping someone who has paid with their hard earned Money and in the long run it isn't helping the Industry we are in. The aim is to create a good quality foundation on which People can build.

You put your faith and money into these courses and we should provide the highest standard of training to give you a realistic chance within the real operational World not just simply PASS OR FAIL. Thats why Courses are portfolio based, to show that Candidates HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND PRACTISED everything within the course structure. If done correctly nobody should ever fail a Level 3 because its just not designed in that way. Unless of course its down to a discipline Issue.

Damian Ozenbrook
Blue Square Global Ltd
Level 3 accredited and recognised Surveillance Training

Pete, I dont think failing (not yet passing) people will stop people coming on a course, if anything the professional amongst us would probably opt for it knowing we are getting the genuine article. Anyway, I will shut up now! I hope no-one has taken offence at my views (unless your French then I dont care!)

Andy

Back