Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Surveillance in France

sweed

Full Registered User
I’m not 100% sure this is correct, if I’m wrong I would be glad if anyone corrected me.

From what I have gathered, to be on the legal side you need first of all a CNAPS authorisation “agent de recherches privees†(= Private investigator) to take part in Surveillance task, and you need also to work with a proper “contrat de travail†(direct employed with all relevant paper in order) for a company that have authorisation from CNAPS to perform private investigations.
Other than that it pretty straight forward :)

I have pasted below some texts concerning from CNAPS Autorisation d

Comme prescrit par le Code de la sécurité intérieure, nul ne peut exercer à titre individuel une activité privée de sécurité, ni diriger, gérer ou être l’associé d’une personne morale exerçant cette activité, s’il n’est titulaire d’un agrément délivré par le CNAPS. [End of quote]

Translation :

As prescribed by the Code of internal security, no one can practice individually a private security activity or direct, manage or be a member of a legal person exercising this activity, if not holder of authorization by the CNAPS.

L’activité de recherches privées ne peut être cumulée avec aucune autre des activités privées de sécurité de surveillance ou de gardiennage, de transport de fonds et de protection de l’intégrité physique des personnes (article L. 622-2 du CSI). [End of quote]

Translation :

activity of private research can not be combined with any other private security surveillance or guarding, transport of funds and protection of the physical integrity of persons (Article L. 622-2 of the ISC).

colonel45155

Longterm Registered User
Holy fek he's back, I think France would be a good place for you. Maird

Last edited:
Surveillance operations are overseen by a nine-person committee led by Prime Minister Manuel Valls. But that committee has only an advisory role, and cannot overrule decisions by the prime minister.France passed its controversial “Intelligence Bill,†allowing it to increase its surveillance powers. Now, in the wake of the devastating terrorist attacks that have left Paris in mourning for the second time this year, it’s worth re-examining how the law might be put into action as intelligence-gathering accelerates.

Top Bottom