Surveillance TTPs and observations

jimbobby

I am helping to write a book on Social Engineering and as a key part of this is the planning stage, including Surveillance. Therefore, I would appreciate comments, from anyone with professional experience in this field, on what makes good surveillance TTPs, any difficulties & your experiences of planning & carrying out such tasks.

Surveillance and Social Engineering in the same sentence....this could get intriguing.

Before we impart our pearls of wisdom, it may be helpful if we knew you a little better !

V :)

"I am helping to write a book on Social Engineering and as a key part of this is the planning stage, including Surveillance. Therefore, I would appreciate comments, from anyone with professional experience in this field, on what makes good surveillance TTPs, any difficulties & your experiences of planning & carrying out such tasks"

If the book's in English, I take it you're not doing the proof-reading bit?

Surveillance and Social Engineering in the same sentence....this could get intriguing.

Before we impart our pearls of wisdom, it may be helpful if we knew you a little better !

V :)
I have a feeling he may be talking about the sociological type of surveillance which is about studying populations. Which can be anything to shops monitoring shopping habits, the surveys about how much time people spend doing housework or visiting family. In which case he asking about something entirely different than he thinks he's asking about.
Of course I could be wrong, in which case that would be a tad worrying, sounds a bit Big Brother (I refer to the George Orwell novel not the TV series).

Back