Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Thales cougar team

G6 Global Communications

Longterm Registered User
Possibly the smallest and most sophisticated covert radio system currently available to the commercial market place.

THALES COUGAR TEAM is a fantastic solution working in the 800MHz licence free band. Drawing on the pedigree of THALES as a manufacturer of high end solutions, this radio offers a huge range of features including meshing and situational awareness.

MESHING - using other radios in the group to create a path when direct point-to-point comms is unachievable (a bit like having lots of mobile repeaters)

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS - linked to a Smartphone or tablet, you can view the location of other team members on a map giving an instant SA picture of assets on the ground

WEB-BRIDGE - using the Bluetooth linked Smart device, you can create a voice & data IP based connection allowing you to talk to team members anywhere in the world and view their locations on a map

There is too much to this system to try to describe here. I've attached an image and a data sheet **Contact info removed - upgrade to advertiser**

Our new website will be launched soon and there will be a section dedicated to this radio system so keep your eyes open for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

premier

Longterm Registered User
G6,

Looks like a versatile bit of kit, will there also be an adapter so people can use their existing earpieces from other comms?

Regards

premier

Sent from my iPhone using Close Protection World

PaulSmith

Longterm Registered User
Being a former scaley that was interesting reading...looks like a really good bit of kit

Visioneer

Super Moderator
G6,

Looks like a versatile bit of kit, will there also be an adapter so people can use their existing earpieces from other comms?

Regards

premier

I'm guessing at the budget Premier, but shaving a few quid from the earpiece isn't going to make a lot of difference.

V :(

premier

Longterm Registered User
V,

LOL
It's not to shave anything off, I and a few of my team have had moulded ear pieces made in the 2 pin plug format. Motorola are the normal comms we tend to use with a simple block exchange between digital and analogue.

Regards

premier

Visioneer

Super Moderator
Just had a word with our tech guy here, and subject to the availability of whatever weird and wonderful connector that the manufacturer may have devised, and assuming earpieces / mic inputs are comparable tech spec, we can prob do in-house.

Just don't expect it to be cheap !

V

Visioneer

Super Moderator
I've just had a very brief play with these.

Haven't done an ultimate performance test, but in terms of the kit, the mesh tech, and the potential for it, very impressed.

V

....and the connectors, & probably the spec of the earpice / mic, don't look anything too exotic. Sonic do bits for it, which should mean that there's a few others.

Last edited:

G6 Global Communications

Longterm Registered User
Hi, it certainly has a place in the 'comms armoury'!! Not sure about an adapter though, I suspect it is too small to accommodate that, but I will let you know if it comes along.

G6 Global Communications

Longterm Registered User
Hi Paul. Yes it is certainly quite a revolution compared to the standard PMR and DMR kit being trotted out by the other manufacturers. Happy to demo for you at some point if you want to see more.

Top Bottom