The best CP courses recognised on the circuit

davidbanner

Full Registered User
Hi everyone....

Can somebody tell me the best recognised CP Courses around? and also the best courses to compliment it. I am thinking of CP in London, not hostile. what do the best and most recognised companies insist on these days in a very competitive market?

Thanks in advance.

Courses such as....

Ronin SA, MIRA, FPOSi, etc etc

Thank you

Doesn't work like that mate - experience and background always trump a 14 day course.
Some of the best courses 'recognised' out there don't run anymore as they tried to run a proper course with lots of content and the best instructors but that wasn't commercially-viable as people just went for cheap.

Proper CP involves people putting their lives on the line to protect important individuals who are being targeted, it should rate up there with Doctors and other serious professions, involving lots of the best expensive training and proper CPD and experience over a number of years, but it seems the majority of the industry doesn't see it like that. If your loved one was dying and needed surgery would you want the person trying to save them to have done just 2 weeks of training first?

You've loads of people out there who are former RMP CP or Police CP and those 'courses' and operational experience turn out the best guys.
Coming at the Circuit as a newbie with just a CP course under your belt isn't going to get you far. The likes of Excellentia and Ronin are well thought of, and Phoenix (the G4S one) have lots of contractual connections so if you're any good they can help get you in to a role and building your portfolio of experience.
Once you've done a decent course like the above, do some more, study, get experience in low-level roles, don't try and run before you can walk and you'll get to the point where you are an asset to the industry and not one of the thousand muppets out there with a Licence and no clue how to do what it takes in the real world.
There's loads of discussion about this to do a search, but don't kid yourself (or let any TP's marketing bollox convince you), you can't do a course and walk in to a dream CP job; If you do get lucky, you probably shouldn't be in the role anyway. It's less of an issue if you're in a team of experienced guys who can teach you fast but the number of lone CPs I see who operate exactly as they saw on a crappy course scares the shit out of me
Good luck and try to one of those who do it properly

Back