Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The best two week CPO course

Haganah2008

Full Registered User
Hi,

Pardon for the title but I thought it might attract at least some attention. I would like to do a course in the south-east / london area. There is one big issue, I know a two week course is far from ideal but that is all i have :-( my employer would never give me three weeks holidays. My research has given me so far only cramps in my stomach, is there any two week TP worth to have look at? Or shall I not even bother according to my stomach. Thanks

operator144

Longterm Registered User
Try Excellentia - they're in London and from what I witnessed on their course very good, I think its longer than 2 weeks though as it includes a weeks FPOS(I)

MrBlonde

Longterm Registered User
Excellentia are excellent, but they don't fit your 2 week criteria, neither does Galahad or Ronin SA.
That's because they teach you to do the job, rather than give you the minimum to get an SIA licence.

If you do a search you'll find TPs offering two week courses to get you licenced, and if you already know what you're doing and have a decent background (and just need the SIA to work) then go for it - if you are new to the industry, then you'll waste 14 days of your life plus a bunch of cash getting a licence that you'll never use because all the employers recognise you had poor training.

You can save some time by starting with a FPOS course, you need it or FAAW as part of the licence process but having it already means you cut 3-5 days off the CP course.
Then pick a course that'll meet your future needs for the coming years, not just meet the timings of the job you plan to leave anyway when you land a CP role.

Good luck

AMCMW

Longterm Registered User
If you want to do something different with a two-week holiday, and you're in the fortunate position of having a few grand to p1ss up the wall, then just pick the course that looks the most fun, enjoy it and maybe learn some new skills.

If you're doing it because you think you're going to change career then forget it. Several years ago I would say that being a female would be an exception, however that market has also become flooded. Given the amount of female CPOs that I personally know and rate, ones with solid military and police background who can't get work, then you don't stand a chance. This may come across as unhelpful but the opposite is true - I'm trying to help you by saving you the cost, stress and regret of making probably the worst career choice you could ever make.

There is no such thing as the close protection industry. It's a myth that survives only in the minds of people who find their lives taking a turn for the worse as they sit in a portacabin guarding a building site night after night for £8ph. This myth is perpetuated by training providers and employers whose sole purpose is to exploit often intelligent and experienced people into an industry that leads nowhere, and has done for a very long time.

I recently got out of the CP game after several years of trying to convince myself that standing in a corridor for 12 hours a night 7 nights a week with no toilet breaks for a little over minimum wage was actually a worthwhile way to live my life. It isn't, for anyone. I'm just one of the lucky ones who figured it out before I became divorced, bankrupt, or started up a training company.

D Unit

Haganah2008, two options if you want to do the Excellentia course in London, one is to do your medical training with another provider, be it FAW, FPOS, MIRA etc and just do the Excellentia course on it's own or do the Excellentia FPOS (I) first and then come back and do the Excellentia course separately. Email them at training@excellentia.co.uk for further assistance and advice.

Haganah2008, have a look at our current 21 day CP Course blog on CPW, the students from our latest course are currently on the final exercise as we speak, further details, locations and pictures can also be found on our Facebook page at Excellentia London, please feel free to join us.
If we can be of any further assistance or you just want to talk to us for advice then contact us on 0207 060 2130 or email us at training@excellentia.co.uk
We look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
The Excellentia Team

Excellentia Security

Haganah2008

Full Registered User
Hi Guys,

Many thanks for your replies, my conclusion is that I will not bother with the 2 week courses as they are of doubtful quality.
Yet to take all my three week holidays just for courses will be difficult as I have kids. (Self-inflicted ;))

I'm interested in Exellentia and will get in touch soon, meanwhile I will join FB (thank you) within the next few days to see what options I have.

MrBlonde

Longterm Registered User
Well done - nice to see someone ask for advise, listen to people who know, then take that advise - unlike many of the newbies on here, keep it up and you may just make it.

Top Bottom