Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The boxing ring!

ENJ1986

Longterm Registered User
I'm always up for a good argument.

How about Army blokes who come out the Army and think they are gods gift, wrongly thinking they can walk in to any Corporate/High End CP job even though your job in the military was peeling potatoes at Bastion where the only danger there was some pissed up twat in a car or cutting your finger......

Yes, that's fantastic that you can run a mile and a half in 8 minutes, amazing. Now tell me about social etiquette? What, you don't even know what that means? Of course you don't, you're a para.....

;-)

stevie3611

Full Registered User
Come man you can't speak for all ex military guys , and you gotta have a level of respect for them because if it weren't for us soldiers you wouldn't be standing there now we have been ****ed buy the Muslims long ago, pealing spuds ? Bro Iv done 4 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and if you call bullet fire fights ands and getting court in IED's etc pealing spuds then you need our head resting and yes I know what equal etiquette means but you need to understand that ex military guys have a level of experience that civilians don't have and it's called combat. So just think about what soldiers really do before you mock us

colonel45155

Longterm Registered User
Fuk all wrong with squaddies.. I'll admit I didn't read your whole post.... first few words were enough. I'm not military. Sorry for the username. I have friends in ufc and friends who box... Frampton was lucky to win last week in my humble opinion....

colonel45155

Longterm Registered User
Fuk all wrong with squaddies.. I'll admit I didn't read your whole post.... first few words were enough. I'm not military. Sorry for the username. I have friends in ufc and friends who box... Frampton was lucky to win last week in my humble opinion....
I respect our troops. Freedom isn't free and all that. Be careful in your posts. I'll bet there's a few living in your town ;) now let's piss off the administration. Rmp lol

colonel45155

Longterm Registered User
Actually just read your post there now... how do you know me? I'm a pissed up twat who can run a mile and a half in 8mins. Passed my bacs test and got a score that would've put me in rmp but got drunk and didn't turn up... same for police and the firefighting was the best... did all their crystal maze stuff. Out of 400 there was only 6 interviewed.. I was one of them but I was hungover and one of the questions was what do you think the nifr do. ..I said put out fires. He said clues in the name... I said rescue people too. oops lol. So any discussion about anything can be sent to my inbox.. no harm intended. I'm as grumpy as the next man lol.

Oasis

Longterm Registered User
I thought this 'us and them' (civvies and military) pissing competition had died a death. Everyone from all walks of life can be a good CPO. I have seen people from both walks of life who have been rubbish and exceptional in equal measure. I agree that being ex military doesn't qualify a person to be any better in the CP world than a 'civvi' except to say that at least, you would hope they have learned something about discipline and good order and would at least be sound in mind and body, although that of course is not a given and you can learn discipline etc in a well run school. What is definitely needed is a good head on your shoulders and a good deal of common sense, a commodity in short supply. As for combat experience, unless you intend to do 'Hostile CP' in a dangerous environment, the first rule of CP is to avoid conflicts, ironically a skill particularly suited to a coward like me. I would much rather walk a mile in a gucci suit than roll around the floor in a tracksuit and I just know from experience that there is hardly a 'Principal' on earth who wants to watch you arguing, scrapping, or beating someone up. So I'm afraid combat skills fall a long way behind communication skills in the real world. I might also point out that with very few notable exceptions, there are not many venues around the world where you will be permitted to carry firearms, especially if you are not a resident of that country.

protectasia

Longterm Registered User
I think the problems lies where the most on here seem to think the industry revolves around Iraq and Afghanistan. I know so many guys who have finished contracts in these 2 places and searched in exactly the same places for new, its like they a typecast.

Its a big industry.

stevie3611

Full Registered User
All the people who are not ex military will say 1 thing and all Ex military will say another. Civvies don't operate the same as ex military, I am a close protection operative I have seen it all. I'm not saying civvies are not good at it , because some really are spot on with cp. but ex military we have trained some of the toughest training in the world that civvies don't.

There is not enough respect in this world for military, we lay/laid our lives on the line for the country

And there is more jealousy from civvies than respect , as we can see from this stupid blog.

There is a reason why most company's recruiting for CP require EX MILITARY

MrBlonde

Longterm Registered User
And I know plenty of Ex Mil guys who are shit at CP, just as there are Civvies too.

I have huge respect for the guys and gals that put their lives on the line so I've got the freedom to live my life how I want to, but CP is a vast subject area, some areas (HECPO) the Mil guys are better suited to, some areas (typically EP) are better suited to us civvies, because we're from that environment and are a better fit.
Surveillance Detection within CP is another area where you're more successful if you don't have a tight haircut, tats down your forearms, walk like you're on parade and appear on-alert all the time.

Background is massively important for some areas, jobs and taskings, while for others it's down to the man or woman, their natural abilities, their life experience, their ability to communicate and a hundred other things you can't teach no matter what they did before joining the Circuit.

Oasis

Longterm Registered User
I can't believe this thread is still going! In fact I am surprised this site is still going!

What I really find incredible is that you are still having this 'My dad's bigger than yours' discussion, its pathetic.

When it comes down to it what difference does it make whatsoever what your 'background' is? Its about your intelligence, communication skills (and I don't mean radio procedure) ability to adapt to a dynamic situation and dogged will-power to turn in a long days work and still be up for it the next day.
Based on some of the rubbish I've seen on here you would think you could only get in the Military if you've got a 'military background'!! which is of course nonsense. The CP world is like any other walk of life, if you have the capability you will get work, if not you will be a 'potato peeler'. Just like in 'The Military'. Ultimately it depends on the training you receive.
To say you have to have military experience to work in CP is like saying 'you need to have GCSE Art to become a painter and decorator'.
As I said previously, working in a hostile environment is a totally different world to 'Executive Close Protection' and if you think they require a generic skill set then you clearly have never worked there.

stevie3611

Full Registered User
Very good reply , I agree with you , although I am Ex military myself, you quite right in what you say. Good point.

stevie3611

Full Registered User
To be honest everyone the only reason we are having this CIVAL discussion is because of the idiot that started the forum , as he just disrespected military. Everyone else has been reasonable with there posts and not DISRESPECTFUL to military of civvies.

The idiot that started this forum clearly has a jealousy rob up his backside for ex mil.

I really don't like people who are disrespectful to ex military (not just because I'm ex mil) or anyone else for that matter .

There are ways to operate a forum with everyone's views and opinions with out disrespect.

premier

Longterm Registered User
The idiot that started this forum clearly has a jealousy rob up his backside for ex mil.

I really don't like people who are disrespectful to ex military (not just because I'm ex mil) or anyone else for that matter .

There are ways to operate a forum with everyone's views and opinions with out disrespect.
Stevie 3611,

How can you call person who started this forum an idiot, who is jealous of of ex -military?

The guys that started this forum are ex-military, I suggest you read and learn rather than typing shit!

Just a thought.

Regards

premier

Visioneer

Super Moderator
Stevie 3611,

How can you call person who started this forum an idiot, who is jealous of of ex -military?

The guys that started this forum are ex-military, I suggest you read and learn rather than typing shit!

Just a thought.

Regards

premier
ssshhhh....I was waiting for CM to twat him one !

V :)

stevie3611

Full Registered User
Well I don't know if it's just me oh I'm having trouble seeing previous posts, but the only thing I can see is the first comment that I can see is A disrespectful comment towards ex military guys.

I tried to be responsive in a respectful way but clearly you are taking this into a different perspective, guessing you're not Ex-mil?

The only thing I was trying to make a point of in this forum was that us Ex military guys just want a little bit of respect for the job that we do/did.

Because we lay/laid our lives on the line (those of us who have served in active combat) in situations that none of you (who are not Ex-mil) could even imagine, unless you really are in the military. And for those of you that are not in the military or have not served in the military I would never wish you to serve at even one day in Afghanistan because it's hell. But if you did I would love to see what your thoughts are then.

And the fact of the matter is, most clients that want protection also require ex military background due to the training and knowledge

AGAIN I'm not saying that all ex military are better than civvies in CP...... (as I know great civvies) BUT ex-mil and civvies come from very different backgrounds and the background of Ex-mil is just more suited to Hostile as we know, but also the discipline and knowledge that is learnt in the military is a massive part of non-hostile CP

Because what people don't seem to understand is that whilst serving in the military and number of us take part in several close protection in hostile or home country.

And forbthe record I'm not talking about People that have served one, two, three or four years in the military, I'm talking about guys that have served half of the Life's The military and that have actually served in active tours of duty.

HONESTLY THE ONLY REASON INEVEN GOT INVOLVE IN THIS FORUM , WAS JUST TO SATND UP FOR EX-MIL

Last edited:

premier

Longterm Registered User
Stevie3611,

What you are saying still makes no sense buddy, you are slagging off the person who started this forum, saying your ex mil and they aren't and therefore you can defend the mil and ex mil boys and girls.

CM is ex mil 15 yrs RMP if memory serves me, so I will again say you need to get back in your play pen and tidy your toys or get your facts right.

As for your statement ex mil are better because.......
This is only the case sometimes
i.e. Hostile Environment, in a corporate situation some of the ex mil guy simply don't fit as has been discussed a hundred times.
Just like sometimes 6'3" ,19"neck& 54" chest doesn't suit the boardroom however my clients love it and go nowhere without me, including their meetings.

To the point where sometimes I have to insist on not sitting in on meetings

Regards

premier

Last edited:

TMAC

Longterm Registered User
Ok, I think when he says 'forum' he's talking about the thread and not the actual whole forum.

premier

Longterm Registered User
TMAC,

That makes sense, doesn't alter the facts but explains some of the rambling.

Regards

premier

stevie3611

Full Registered User
Premier

At what point have I slagged anyone off? I haven't put civvies down at all, if you READ my post it clearly says " I'm not saying Ex mil are Berger than civvies in CP as i k ow some great civvies in CP"

My point is go to the top of the forum and look at the post by ENJ1986 that clearly states a pathetic theory about military guys at camp bastion peeling potatoes!!!!!

Any person who has any respect for Ex mil guys will surely have something to say about that.

That is the sole reason reason I am even part of this. I haven't slagged anyone off, I haven't swore at anyone or made any remarks , I am clearly defending that stupid arse comment by ENJ1986 because I DO NOT agree with it and it offends me , and I'm sure it would offend others ..

To the attention of everyone-
unless you are someone who has served and seen what it's like "peeling spuds in camp bastion" or should we say fighting in a war to defend the country , how could you even comment on it (ENJ1986)

Premier , can you understand my point?

Last edited:
Top Bottom