The media game

k15plc

Full Registered User
Gettin fed up there are a lot of ass holes over here in Northern Ireland I personally respect "the flag" I served for 5 years and I if asked would go back in to serve queen and country tommorow but the media is playing a one sided hand .Yes whats going on over the flags is bad but the media is very slanted they forget to tell us about the at least 5 ied's the "dissadents" have planted this last few weeks the last one being in strabane last night. This bad patch we are going through is not all one sided,but the mainland and for that matter the rest of the world are gettin a very biased picture .....rant over.

The press do increasingly seem to pick sides.
Is it Naive of me to say they never seem to give a balanced picture of what's truly happening, raising the question, where they ever unbiased, or accurate for that matter.
But they seem to be concentrating on the loyalist protests over the lowering of the flag.
to the exclusion of everything else.
Why shouldn't the British flag fly over British land.
or is this preparation for a coming development.

Did the IEDs go off? If not then I would suggest that riots make for more interesting TV pictures. There may also be a factor that they think it might be too confusing for people on the mainland to understand two different sides. Alternatively, it may be bias or it may be about trying to make the peace process look more successful than it is.

The good lads an lasses of eod have been busy an LW you are correct the people of the media are happy to shout about rioting, easy game plenty pictures good footage .The only time you'll hear of an ied is when it kills some poor person who dont deserve it.Theres no milage in a tv crew sittin all day or night for the small pop of a pigstick when they can have flames an all the trimmins it's only sensationalist new's they want burnin cars injured coppers etc an IED just looks like a car or a bag .... nothing untill it goes off ,not newsworthy an its only gonna come to the fore when there is loss of life

The press do indeed pick sides... Its all about 'ratings' or 'copy' after all NOT keeping us informed.. I went over with a news crew when this all first started (first time I had been in many a year!) and, as always with the media, they had a very firm picture of what they wanted..

Back