Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Touch me again and I'll slit your throat

Ninjafox

Full Registered User
While I would generally tend to agree with the sentiments expressed by may here that this guy is all talk, I think you need to go with your own instinct on this one.

I've been threatened, same as we all have, repeatedly over the years and the absolute majority of times they are simple empty threats.

However I have seen things get as bad as they can get, when someone follows through on that threat. I think you need to decide whether you think he's a viable threat and if so report it.

Err on the side of caution.

alanuk400

Longterm Registered User
It's the ones who say nothing you have to be careful of. From experience, it is the small fella standing on your right side in a group is the one going to kick off.
Think about it, 90% of people are right handed, he is standing saying nothing while the slobber is giving it large thinking we are listing, he is thinking about a judas. if it kicks off I go for that guy
Alan

Oddjob

It's the ones who say nothing you have to be careful of. From experience, it is the small fella standing on your right side in a group is the one going to kick off.
Think about it, 90% of people are right handed, he is standing saying nothing while the slobber is giving it large thinking we are listing, he is thinking about a judas. if it kicks off I go for that guy
Alan
So lets see Alan.
You advocate kicking the shit out of some poor guy,
sorry poor 'little' guy,
who is just standing there minding his own business,
all because he is standing to your right.
Correct me if I'm wrong here, and missed something, please. :rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek::p:p:D:D

Myself, I usually go for the guy running out the door screaming in fear, just in case. :p:p:D:D

alanuk400

Longterm Registered User
So lets see Alan.
You advocate kicking the shit out of some poor guy,
sorry poor 'little' guy,
who is just standing there minding his own business,
all because he is standing to your right.
Correct me if I'm wrong here, and missed something, please. :rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek::p:p:D:D

Myself, I usually go for the guy running out the door screaming in fear, just in case. :p:p:D:D
I will correct you, not once did I say "kick the shit out of the the little guy"
Alan
I am not going to get into nitpicking, just a % of my perception,

Oddjob

I will correct you, not once did I say "kick the shit out of the the little guy"
Alan
I am not going to get into nitpicking, just a % of my perception,

Alan chill honeybunny,
I was taking the piss.
(The little smiley faces and frowns are meant to help the emphasize of the written word.)

I am in full agreement, the barking dog, is too busy barking to be planning and is usually barking out of fear.
The silent dog is watching and planning all the time.
So beware the quiet man with the big stick.
One of the biggest problems in a confrontation on the door,
is maintaining a battle field vision, and not reverting to total focus on the immeadiate threat.
The other vital item is keeping a sense of humour.
So get a comb if you want to nitpick (watch the little faces now)
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek::p:p;););)

Kush

Full Registered User
See if this changes anyone's mind about what to do etc...

[h1]Ex-soldier in dock asks for jail term rather than community service[/h1]
A former Black Watch soldier who threatened nightclub staff with a baseball bat pleaded for a custodial term when he appeared at * Sheriff Court.

(name removed) was offered the chance to carry out 175 hours of CS but in a rare turn of events he declined. He told Sheriff he was concerned he would not be able to complete the order and would instead "prefer" to serve his time.
After some deliberation the sheriff told the father of two he had no other choice but to jail him for five months.
(Name removed) who works as a bricklayer, admitted conducting himself in a disorderly manner on September 21 outside Loft Nightclub by shouting, swearing and uttering threats while holding a baseball bat.
Depute fiscal told the court the incident occurred in the early morning, after he had been removed from the premises.
She said, "He tried to conceal the bat behind his back and was approached by the door staff of the club.
"He began shouting and swearing at them and threatened to smash the bat over one bouncer's head.
"The police were called and he proceeded to throw the bat away in the street but it was later traced by officers."
Defending, solicitor said his client had been "extremely drunk" and had not intended to hurt anyone.
He asked the sheriff to consider a financial penalty, saying (name removed) was in the position to pay a "considerable amount."
He said the 38-year-old was planning to travel to Spain over the summer period, where he could earn upwards of £1000 a week.
However, listing previous convictions, which included carrying a knife in a public place, Sheriff said a fine was "not an option."
He told (name removed), who served in NI during the Troubles, "Your behaviour was totally unacceptable — you are on the edge — but in this matter I am prepared to apply community service.
"If this means you cannot go to Spain for work you have no one to blame but yourself."
When he asked if (name removed) agreed to comply with the conditions of community service, the accused indicated he did not.
Solicitor then said, "He is concerned that he would find it hard to adhere to a lengthy period of community service and as a former soldier he does not like to fail in things.
"He would rather take punishment than say he could do something he couldn't."
Solicitor added that (name removed) two children spent part of the week staying with him but alternative arrangements could be made.
Sheriff concluded, "In light of this position you will be sentenced to five months' imprisonment from this date."

Kush

Full Registered User
Polarserv knows how to use Google. I didn't want to post a link or full article in case there were any restrictions against that on the site.

At least shows this nut job has done it before, we are all used to empty threats but like I said, there was just something about this one that caused me to act, albeit in a professional manner - that's all it needed

Shiney

Full Registered User
At the end of the day, hindsight is a wonderful thing! We've all been threatened every single night have we not? Its not the ones that issue the threat you need to watch, its the fookers that do it on the sly that mean business!

A line I got taught a few years back..... "It was my honest held belief that the life of myself and/or colleagues/family was in imminent danger"

Almost impossible for a judge and jury to argue against that line as it stands - How on earth can a person decipher what you thought in YOUR head?! ;)

Last edited:

Akita

Full Registered User
Report it and log it as a way of top cover, that way you have much more standing if you choose to take "Polarserv international's" advice!

Oddjob

At the end of the day, hindsight is a wonderful thing! We've all been threatened every single night have we not? Its not the ones that issue the threat you need to watch, its the fookers that do it on the sly that mean business!

A line I got taught a few years back..... "It was my honest held belief that the life of myself and/or colleagues/family was in imminent danger"

Almost impossible for a judge and jury to argue against that line as it stands - How on earth can a person decipher what you thought in YOUR head?! ;)
The question will always swing on an axis of,
'were your thoughts and actions reasonable and measured for the situation'.

Let the lawyers deal with that one,
of course you all have a good criminal briefs number and card with you, don't you. ??

Ninjafox

Full Registered User
It's all about 'the actions of a reasonable man'. That's what the judge is gauging your actions upon.

The whole 'better be judged by 12 than carried by 6 thing' I've always found to be a slight misnomer with reagrd to actions taken by a DS. While I do agree with the abolute essence of the point being made, from a practical perspective, in Ireland at least, the likelihood that you'll be facing '12' is very slim unless you progress a good distance through the court system.

The 1st two levels of court here involve 1 judge deciding your fate. That's one guy, or girl who, sure as all the rest of us have had, has had a bad experience with a DS at least once during their lifetime. You're not starting on a level playing pitch here when you're a DS and end up in court.

I bear that in mind any time I'm working in a security capacity and think things may get going. VERY rarely does it kick off so fast that my mind does not have time to bring this consideration to the fore.

Society everywhere is so litigious that this needs to be at the forefront of your mind as a DS.

alanuk400

Longterm Registered User
Alan chill honeybunny,
I was taking the piss.
(The little smiley faces and frowns are meant to help the emphasize of the written word.)

I am in full agreement, the barking dog, is too busy barking to be planning and is usually barking out of fear.
The silent dog is watching and planning all the time.
So beware the quiet man with the big stick.
One of the biggest problems in a confrontation on the door,
is maintaining a battle field vision, and not reverting to total focus on the immeadiate threat.
The other vital item is keeping a sense of humour.
So get a comb if you want to nitpick (watch the little faces now)
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek::p:p;););)
I am chilled, sorry I took it the wrong way, I don't understand all them funny faces :)

Alan

mackem64

Longterm Registered User

I would Deffo report it..
Although thought you handled the situation with minimum conflict..

Akita

Full Registered User
Kush - just getting to know the site, when I posted I had only read the first few posts. My mistake sorry for the confusion!!

VICTORMACE

Longterm Registered User
Report it if it makes you and your collegues and premises feel safer. I tend to let things slide as throating cutting threats are quite common in Belfast, or even worse " I shoot you in the face " and I have still to get one of these brave throat cutters to come back and carry out their threat.But stay alert anyway and you will never get caught out.

Top Bottom