Training; Hostile enviroment, best course.

bravo101

Hi guys, I am interested in Hostile Enviroment training. I have long experience in Close Protection, but in Europe, non hostile enviroment. I want to look for a job opportunity in security companies in hostile area, and need specific training in this area.What is the best course for hostile environments in Europe ? Thanks. Regards.

I take it you are not ex military? Unless you are in Iraq or the Stan, or dodgy dealing in South America, you will probably not be carrying, so what would the HE achieve, apart from emptying your wallet. I cannot remember anyone asking for HE training in any of my interviews or jobs but I know a slew who say they have it by the mere fact they have done something in a dodgy country. And spouting off a company name that you did a course with does not impress anyone. Everyone needs training in something but at the end of the day, it comes down to your mentality, your confidence and your ability. You cannot learn working efficiently in HE from a weeks course, you can only do that by showing your employer that you have the aptitude to work there. Everyone has to start off at some point.

I take it you are not ex military? Unless you are in Iraq or the Stan, or dodgy dealing in South America, you will probably not be carrying, so what would the HE achieve, apart from emptying your wallet.

That may be true for Brits, but it is not true for the much larger U.S. market where everyone is carrying

I cannot remember anyone asking for HE training in any of my interviews or jobs.....

Again, maybe true for the European market, but not for the much larger U.S. Market. The question will be asked in most interviews.

...but I know a slew who say they have it by the mere fact they have done something in a dodgy country.

Now that I agree with. Spending time in HE does not necessarily qualify anyone for anything. There are plenty who are still clueless when they come back

And spouting off a company name that you did a course with does not impress anyone.

Somewhat true, but it depends on the company. Dropping TP names is meaningless unless they are regarded as a standard by the employer. For example there is no comparison between the quality of training provided by a DoD Tier 1 or Tier 2 supplier like Dyncorp and ourselves and that of Bodgitt & Scarper Ltd.

Everyone needs training in something but at the end of the day, it comes down to your mentality, your confidence and your ability.

... and that right there is a large part of the problem. No amount of training can fix stupid.

You cannot learn working efficiently in HE from a weeks course,

No, but what you can do is give someone the tools they need to grow

Somewhat true, but it depends on the company. Dropping TP names is meaningless unless they are regarded as a standard by the employer. For example there is no comparison between the quality of training provided by a DoD Tier 1 or Tier 2 supplier like Dyncorp and ourselves and that of Bodgitt & Scarper Ltd.

SCT, a quick question, where does this DOD Tier 1 or Tier 2 come from? Is it a recognized term or informal category? I should have asked before but this particular post alludes to a 'supergroup' of people and there is the rest of the plebs to varying degrees. I am very familiar with Corporate security requirements for US companies but I guess we are talking PSD types here. I am new to the site and I have mistakenly defined Hostile Environment as a hostile environment around the world and not limited to Iraq and the Stan PSD tasks. I have worked across the globe, but mainly in Africa since 1987, and I never categorize people by the mere fact of their previous job description. There are some excellent guys, non SF that I have full confidence in any situation, and there are very few SF I have met or worked with that I can say that about, Alphas are not good team players. Military is military, and civil contracting is business. I have had quite a few bad experiences with the contractors from the company you mention in various African hot spots. But Black Africa is a different game to the Middle east. If there is that type of elitism, I feel for the good guys who don't get a chance to shine. I have never regretted hiring a humble, grounded and 'normal' type.

Also looking for something that has a good reputation in the industry.

Former military looking to work in MENA, I have previous tours of Iraq and Afghanistan and have more recently been working in Iraq on a personal project.

I've looked at the following companies but a lot of information on them seems to be outdated.

Geni-AX Geni-AX Close Protection Special Courses - closeprotectioncourses
Axle Training Advanced First Aid Training from Axle Training
Wilplan SIA Training | Security Training Courses from Wilplan Training
Excellentia Close Protection London | Security Companies London | Excellentia
Armatus Risk Home
Inkerman http://www.inkerman.com/

I dont' just want an attendance course I wan't to learn and be pushed. I don't mind looking into Europe should I be able to get it for a similar price, I've managed to save enough money after a rough patch so looking at around the £3000 to gain CPO, FPOS and MIRA if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help.

SCT, a quick question, where does this DOD Tier 1 or Tier 2 come from? Is it a recognized term or informal category? I should have asked before but this particular post alludes to a 'supergroup' of people and there is the rest of the plebs to varying degrees.

No supergroups :) A Tier 1 supplier is simply a supplier whose relationship is directly with, and who is directly paid by, the DoD, DoS or any other government department or agency to manage a range of mission specific contracts on their behalf. A Tier 2 supplier is a supplier contracted and paid directly by a Tier 1 supplier.

I am very familiar with Corporate security requirements for US companies but I guess we are talking PSD types here. I am new to the site and I have mistakenly defined Hostile Environment as a hostile environment around the world and not limited to Iraq and the Stan PSD tasks.

HE for us means conflict zone

I have worked across the globe, but mainly in Africa since 1987, and I never categorize people by the mere fact of their previous job description. There are some excellent guys, non SF that I have full confidence in any situation, and there are very few SF I have met or worked with that I can say that about,

Top level SF guys are generally not on the market. They don't need to look for work, the work looks for them.

Alphas are not good team players. Military is military, and civil contracting is business. I have had quite a few bad experiences with the contractors from the company you mention in various African hot spots. But Black Africa is a different game to the Middle east. If there is that type of elitism, I feel for the good guys who don't get a chance to shine. I have never regretted hiring a humble, grounded and 'normal' type.

By the time it reaches the ground, it's the bottom of the food chain. I can't comment on particular companies (especially those we work for :) ), but I've had similar experiences, particularly with local hires in Africa, and I pretty much agree with what you say.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I am also looking for a recommended provider, I am former military 12 years (British), Afghanistan and Iraq. Since then I have been working in Iraq on my own accord but without the quals, I do not want to go on an attendance course I would like one that goes above the standard. I haven't had to much luck on here a lot of the posts seem to be heavily outdated.

So far I have looked at the following:

Axle Training
Geniax
Wilplan
Excellentia
Armatus
Inkerman

I do not mind traveling to Europe if there are better options but I need to try and fit it around a £3000 mark to get CP, FPOS and MIRA unless someone has any other recommendations on courses to take that are in need right now.

First of all, thank you very much for your comments in this forum thread. I find them all very interesting. Thank you very much sickofBS, SCT, MrBlonde, and too for all read this thread.

I think a course of these characteristics (hostile environment), I can serve me for:
-Know instructors who have worked in hostile area, and learn from them the reality of work in hostile countries.
-Make contacts personally with instructors who can directly see my effort, student experience, and perhaps the day tomorrow, can call for a job.
-See that level really I have, instructors can tell me directly if I have any chance, or else my level is very low and can not work on this.
-Also Certify my studies with a degree known in the market in the US and UK, where are the best companies. For example, I trained in my country of first responder on the scene, but my certificate is not known in the US and UK. By the way, I can get the FPOS I, if it is known in Western companies.

Indeed I have no military experience and this is a great difficulty. Also the great economic crisis, the continued reduction of security personnel in the two most hostile environment known countries (Iraq and Afghanistan), the difficulty of finding new markets in other countries, make this work is increasingly difficult.

You have much merit working in African countries, since in many cases in those countries working with a lower profile (not full tactical vests ammunition, ..), but difficulties as security, crime, poor conditions health care, are also very harsh.

Thank you very much again for participating in this forum thread

Benbenny
Sorry for the late response to this but if you are still looking for good training and value for money try European Security Academy. They have 2 websites the UK one seems to be more comprehensive. All of their prices include meals and accommodation. Good food and decent accommodation. Pick up and drop off from airport aswell. Run by ex Grim operators, Royal Military Police and others.
If I'm to late then one to Def consider.

Wondering why it's hard to find work? Read what Julian Daniels has to say after carrying out extensive research on this very subject...... PSD Elite Training

Last edited:
Jlewter,

Never heard of PERSEC,
Get your email edited out of the post get to 5, only 5 posts and send a PM

Regards

premier

Back