Training in regards to opsec and where do you stop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My good fellow
That made me smile, thank you.
...here is my two pennies worth. You live in a country where its citizens can not walk freely (and yes i mean the palestinian ones too).
Yadda yadda yadda. We are as free as in the UK my good man. Palestinians live in Palestine which is governed by the Palestinian Authority Government in the West Bank and Hamas in Gaza. They are not Israeli citizens, not do they live here. Israeli Arabs that do live here and do indeed enjoy 100% rights as an Israeli citizen would rather live here than any Arab country in the world due to the freedoms of a Western society. Although you work for Saudis and i'm sure recieve a somewhat biased ME related viewpoint, I implore you to get your facts straight before coming on here like an elephant in a china shop with complete rubbish.
Our countries armed/crown services are trained in an environment where there citizens are free, and therefore a certain amount of compromise is expected and tolerated, without causing too much harm to persec/opsec, please do not presume to understand (and indeed i would not expect you to) why our very well respected and bloody well hard earned services have a less than dictatorial approach to security.
"Free" is relative and if attacks keep on happening on your homeland and the UK citizens get blown up (which IMO will indeed happen i'm sorry to say and hope i'm very wrong), this too will change. As i wrote to Rich, i'm on your side and in no way having a pissing content, rather expressing an opinion.
This countries services are the best in the world as proven time and time again over many years well before Israel was even thought of, and stole ideas from everyone elses intelligence/security services,
Yadda yadda yadda, answered above and in my response to Rich, and i have no doubt about what you said. By the way, i think the UK is just a often little too free; we see this in the UK government bending over backwards to appease immigrant minorities whilst leaving the UK's own heritage by the wayside.
we have most of us been on exchange programs with your countries services and frankly all are of the psychopathic really need to see a f*****g head doctor type persona.
Not all, but i agree some are nutters and i'm really smiling at this now!
You agreed quite admirably earlier that you had lost an argument, i refer to your earlier post to Rich H on this thread and i really think for the sanity of my countrymen you should leave it at that. Please close the door on your way out:D
Simples= yes i like the Meerkats too
Yadda yadda yadda :D

Last edited:
Drawing the line in the sand is difficult. No doubt each training provider/operational company will have their own 'line' but at the end of the day this is a free forum which (as far as i am aware) has no vetting at all. 11 000 members......OPSEC...no chance!

I do not know if the moderators step in when OPSEC/PERSEC becomes an issue so i will leave that to others to say but i reckon if they do it ain't often.

This is a big part of the information highway, like it or not.

Excuse me do you have an issue with moderators as a whole? Because you take any opportunity to have a crack at us, i suggest if you have an issue you pm me and lets discuss it..... if not then i suggest you shut the hell up and quit with the sly wisecracks

Guys,

I revert to a previous comment I made;

OPSEC is not rocket science. Obviously, a few here think it is and are confused over why the UK does not have 'appropriate methods in place' to protecting sensitive information! Some people think my posts are 'off topic'? I put this down to lack of lateral thinking on their part which is much sadly a miss in both CP and Surveillance methods and procedures and all associated topics of discussion. 'Mr Burns' even thinks my opinions are wrong! They are my opinions pal and so although maybe wrong in your eyes, they most certainly are not in mine.

As I mentioned previously, this thread did have a satisfactory conclusion but has been whipped up into a little frenzy of hysteria. This is undoubtedly caused by a lack of knowledge on the subject and a frustration on their part in not getting their heads around it.

I am a firm believer of we are who we are as a result of our training and experiences throughout the world and all the situations it can put us in. I've been round the block several times, all being forwards and therefore my opinions reflect the knowledge I have gained. OPSEC is not difficult. It's just that many people percieve it that way. Don't knock opinions of others Mr Burns just because they do not agree with yours ;)

BTW, OPSEC in the context we are discussing is a little different to data protection/ information security concerning the protection of hard drive stored data etc as was the loss of the flash drive as mentioned by mts. Who's getting off topic now? :rolleyes:

Rich H

Last edited by a moderator:
Although you work for Saudis and i'm sure recieve a somewhat biased ME related viewpoint, I implore you to get your facts straight before coming on here like an elephant in a china shop with complete rubbish. "Free" is relative and if attacks keep on happening on your homeland and the UK citizens get blown up (which IMO will indeed happen i'm sorry to say and hope i'm very wrong), this too will change.

You have obviously just come on this forum to antagonise people.
As a professional CP operative i am not afforded the luxury of an opinion i can only observe and just for your satisfaction i have worked for all sides in the middle east (have you?). The original question before you tried to indoctrinate the rest of the world with your egotistical, born out of ignorance comments and opinions, was that where does opsec/persec training stop i think you are the perfect example. Operational security/paranoia can become such that you are indoctrinated by your own fears as you have shown in many of your posts.

You have obviously just come on this forum to antagonise people.
Totally incorrect.
As a professional CP operative i am not afforded the luxury of an opinion
100% great line, i did step over the line and publicly apologize to you, even if you were spewing innacuracies.
i can only observe and just for your satisfaction i have worked for all sides in the middle east (have you?).
No, nor will I - both sides, you worked for Israel????
The original question before you tried to indoctrinate the rest of the world with your egotistical, born out of ignorance comments and opinions, was that where does opsec/persec training stop i think you are the perfect example. Operational security/paranoia can become such that you are indoctrinated by your own fears as you have shown in many of your posts.
Perhaps, it is our reality that creates our fears that is not currently your (UK) reality and hope it won't be.

Ignorant? Indoctrinate, i think not. YOU are the one that brought up the BS about Israel and freedom.s of which you obviousely have little knowldege.

Perhaps re-read my posts, English is your mother tongue, i have expressed an opinion to help where i see fault for the good, not to see who pisses farther like others here.

You seem to be right wound up about this, did i hit a nerve Carl? It's a forum, take it easy. Let's leave the personal attacks off the forum, it does not do you any good.

You can worry about your backyard and i'll worry about mine.

m

In fairness Carl i have never had reason to bring MTS up anything regarding his behaviour and have always found him to be extremley fair and well informed as you also seem to be so as 2 very professional gentlemen maybe we could save the personal slander for PM or agree to disagree and lets get back to the point of the thread maybe

No, nor will I - both sides, you worked for Israel????

You can worry about your backyard and i'll worry about mine.

m
The personal nonsense is something only you are seeing, maybe you should read your own posts.
I have worked for prominent Israeli businessmen, who themselves are ashamed that your beautiful country has turned into a place of paranoia about thy neighbour. As i said my view is not one born of ignorance or paranoia simply from listening and observing.

The only nerve you have hit is that which you show yourself to be, someone who loses an argument by their own admission and then is not capable of learning from that experience.

As stated by you above please feel free to worry about your backyard but do not presume to tell me or my fellow countrymen how to watch ours. I think we are in a better position than thee.

The personal nonsense is something only you are seeing, maybe you should read your own posts.
I have worked for prominent Israeli businessmen, who themselves are ashamed that your beautiful country has turned into a place of paranoia about thy neighbour. As i said my view is not one born of ignorance or paranoia simply from listening and observing.

The only nerve you have hit is that which you show yourself to be, someone who loses an argument by their own admission and then is not capable of learning from that experience.

As stated by you above please feel free to worry about your backyard but do not presume to tell me or my fellow countrymen how to watch ours. I think we are in a better position than thee.

Carl i will save further responses for those of a higher intellect than yourself that can indeed have a discussion without getting red faced and flustered. You are insulting and have a clear anger management issue; glad I'm not your Principal or employer.

I will indeed continue to post my advice here, there are indeed others that are open minded to learn here. You are free to not read my further posts as i will not read yours. You and your opinion is not relevant to me. I simply do not care what you post.

See you around the block...

m

wow! Those are some serioius opinions you gentlemen have! I would like to say that, mudslinging aside, I have learned a great deal from this thread and I am sure there are others on here who would agree. It is always fascinating to observe people with such conviction in their opinions go head to head and I can see some sense in all the differing views that have been expressed. Thankyou to all of you who have taken the time to give your thoughts on what is obviously a contentious issue and long may this medium for free speech continue.
(Well done to the mods for allowing the debate to continue!!)

Guys,

I revert to a previous comment I made;

OPSEC is not rocket science. Obviously, a few here think it is and are confused over why the UK does not have 'appropriate methods in place' to protecting sensitive information! Some people think my posts are 'off topic'? I put this down to lack of lateral thinking on their part which is much sadly a miss in both CP and Surveillance methods and procedures and all associated topics of discussion. 'Mr Burns' even thinks my opinions are wrong! They are my opinions pal and so although maybe wrong in your eyes, they most certainly are not in mine.

As I mentioned previously, this thread did have a satisfactory conclusion but has been whipped up into a little frenzy of hysteria. This is undoubtedly caused by a lack of knowledge on the subject and a frustration on their part in not getting their heads around it.

I am a firm believer of we are who we are as a result of our training and experiences throughout the world and all the situations it can put us in. I've been round the block several times, all being forwards and therefore my opinions reflect the knowledge I have gained. OPSEC is not difficult. It's just that many people percieve it that way. Don't knock opinions of others Mr Burns just because they do not agree with yours ;)

Rich H

BTW, OPSEC in the context we are discussing is a little different to data protection/ information security concerning the protection of hard drive stored data etc as was the loss of the flash drive as mentioned by mts. Who's getting off topic now?
Rich H

Really ? Its sensible to assume that people are trained in how to handle and secure data in both data and physical form. So again you have decided for everyone else ? ;)

I just think you a complete bloody up your own arse idiot!

Do you ever actually discuss the points on a thread in context rather than blowing your own trumpet? please refer to this point I made on the start post :

"non self promoting comments and discussions on this".

You have decided its lesson ended and satisfactory finish to the thread? not your job! the arrogance you show is unbelievable, Its not a case of lack of understanding on opsec, its a case of understanding the passing of information in regards to training in a commercial environment.

How about you discuss points rather than "even mr burns" such comments. It very much seems if we don't agree or wish to discuss points made by yourself we are wrong a complete morons,

Is your ego that big you cant handle open discussion on points you suggest? Rather than explain and discuss you just take a "THATS IT IM RIGHT COS IM GOD!!!!!" attitude.

What started as a genuine attempt to get advice has turned into a ego trip for yourself. You act as if this is terribly simple , yes if you talking about specific information regards operations. Of course that's simple. not so much when methods and techniques are involved.

Bloody shame considering some of your posts are excellent and enjoyable! You just need to work out your not a SME in everything....

Ah much better (annie if you need to bitchslap no problem. im waiting and ready :) )

Mr Burns

Last edited:
tcrn133l.jpg

The irony behind that picture if you look a little closer, is a man who'd done that with sales figures deserves to blow his own trumpet.

Consider yourselves educated!

Really ? Its sensible to assume that people are trained in how to handle and secure data in both data and physical form. So again you have decided for everyone else ? ;)

I just think you a complete bloody up your own arse idiot!

Do you ever actually discuss the points on a thread in context rather than blowing your own trumpet? please refer to this point I made on the start post :

"non self promoting comments and discussions on this".

You have decided its lesson ended and satisfactory finish to the thread? not your job! the arrogance you show is unbelievable, Its not a case of lack of understanding on opsec, its a case of understanding the passing of information in regards to training in a commercial environment.

How about you discuss points rather than "even mr burns" such comments. It very much seems if we don't agree or wish to discuss points made by yourself we are wrong a complete morons,

Is your ego that big you cant handle open discussion on points you suggest? Rather than explain and discuss you just take a "THATS IT IM RIGHT COS IM GOD!!!!!" attitude.

What started as a genuine attempt to get advice has turned into a ego trip for yourself. You act as if this is terribly simple , yes if you talking about specific information regards operations. Of course that's simple. not so much when methods and techniques are involved.

Bloody shame considering some of your posts are excellent and enjoyable! You just need to work out your not a SME in everything....

Ah much better (annie if you need to bitchslap no problem. im waiting and ready :) )

Mr Burns

Take your personal slander to PM please Monty, this isn't the place

There is no need for personal slander Rich to be fair

Grief, one sided again Annie?!

Please refer to Burns post and then come back with a balanced opinion.

Thank you.

Rich H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back