TSCM Kit - CPM 700

IrishTech

Full Registered User
Hi All,

I was wondering if any has ever used or has a review of the CPM 700 sweep kit. I'm about to get one but would like to hear others feedback before hand. I have read all of the web pages about this kit but would like first hand feedback.

Cheers Guys

I have one.

It remains a vital piece of equipment that should be in all TSCM's array of tools. Simple to use, it comes with 2 testers and the battery life is excellent.

Rich H

Just remember, its only an RF detector / locator and is good for what it says it does on the box. However,....

It may not locate devices that are not transmitting or are switched off at the time of the sweep....

Also, I don't think it will pick up active GSM type bugs.... anyone know otherwise..Rich?

Peter

Just remember, its only an RF detector / locator and is good for what it says it does on the box. However,....

It may not locate devices that are not transmitting or are switched off at the time of the sweep....

Also, I don't think it will pick up active GSM type bugs.... anyone know otherwise..Rich?

Peter

Peter's right.

It must be remembered that all the tools should be used to back the other up. This is conducted solely to save time. Much time is spent with screw drivers, search bendy cameras and lights that using the full compliment of systems will reduce.

The CPM 700 is a confirmatory to others such as the Orion NLJD. This system will detect non-transmitting electronic circuitry/ diodes behind walls, book cases and so on.

If you hire a TSCM team that does not include the following or equivalent in their array then they are not professional. This is the bare minimum:

1. Oscor 5000 or Oscor Green
2. Orion Non Linear Junction Detector
3. CPM 700
4. In-depth professional tool kit

In addition, I use a wireless camera detector that scan the entire frequency range in 4 secs. I leave this on for the duration of search and do not start the search unless it doesn't detect anything - (in addition to keeping quiet).

Lens detector for detecting camera lenses (saves time searching large book cases).

Metronomes, placing one in each sector/ room to confirm RF spikes on the Oscor.

I tend to only rely on my screw driver and my eyes for the most part. Remaining balanced insofar as the threat and the risk to threat is important to maximising risk mitigation and efficiency. Will the cleaner be bribed to place something and if so then it must be a quick and easy device? Have painters and decorators been in? House manager been away/ house left insecure...and so on.

Don't rely on kit just use it wisely and as a compliment to other tools and procedures.

Rich H

I'm not a TSCM guy, but:

Just a thought, but looking at the spec of the above, they seem to top out at 3ghz?

I assume there's firmware / software upgrades available to extend that ? 'Next gen' Wifi & videoTx are already available on 5.8ghz, and there's certainly other 'odd' frequencies under development.

There's also some very low power VLF kit for video tx kicking around. Crap bandwidth, so frame rate and resolution are sh1t, but range is 'interesting'. :)

Are there any recomended training providers for TSCM as that could be a nice addition to my skill set.
Any help as always would be great

P76

I personally wouldn't go for Audiotel. They don't use the Oscor. If you can, get training by REI or by one of their leading suppliers based in the UK.

Rich H

Guys,
Thanks a million for all of the input. I've gotten a mixed feedback about this piece of equipment. Would anyone recommend my purchase of the CPM 700 as an entry level piece of equipment? Or if purchased, then what should be next to purchase? Any ideas?

And Peter, did your course in England, found it very informative. Thanks again.

W

Hi Rich H, besides the CPM 700, what other pieces or additions do you have to complement it? or even other attachments?

Thanks

W

Pieces, additions, attachment directly associated with the CPM 700? - Nothing.
I have all of the aforementioned though.

Rich H

Really appreciate your advice Rich!! I am starting to accumalte this kit and just needed a good recommendation from a user of the CPM 700. Definitely a good piece of kit anyway? I was offered one which was bought new and used only twice.

Hi Again Rich,
What do you use in regard to sealing up telephone points and sockets etc? In effect to notice if it has been tampered with?

W

Hi Again Rich,
What do you use in regard to sealing up telephone points and sockets etc? In effect to notice if it has been tampered with?

W

I don't! The Boss only uses mobile and is extremely security aware himself.

I use blobs of tippex on joins and screws.

Rich H

TSCM Laws

Hi Guys,
I was recently told by someone that to use and operate TSCM kit and equipment you have to hold a security qualification/certificate! Can anyone shed some light on this? I'm in Ireland, so maybe anyone in the UK can share what they know also.

Kind Regards

W

I'm not a TSCM guy, but:

Just a thought, but looking at the spec of the above, they seem to top out at 3ghz?

I assume there's firmware / software upgrades available to extend that ? 'Next gen' Wifi & videoTx are already available on 5.8ghz, and there's certainly other 'odd' frequencies under development.

There's also some very low power VLF kit for video tx kicking around. Crap bandwidth, so frame rate and resolution are sh1t, but range is 'interesting'. :)

the Oscor 500 has an add-on for taking you up to the 21GHZ band and the Oscor green goes up to 24GHZ also you can see the harmonics if you know what your doing the CPM-700 also has an add-on taking you up to the 12GHZ band too

Hello

I recently bought a used cpm700.
Its from the early 90s but is no different from those sold today.

This unit does not automatically go into "PROBE" mode when the probe is connected.

It remains stuck on "AUX" mode.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be fantastic.

Hello

I recently bought a used cpm700.
Its from the early 90s but is no different from those sold today.

This unit does not automatically go into "PROBE" mode when the probe is connected.

It remains stuck on "AUX" mode.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be fantastic.

send photos what probe

Back