TSS job Offer

LTDAVIS

Full Registered User
Hi

I Have been offered a place on a 3 day training course For TSS and have been offered a job after. I will be working in the Worcestershire area.

my question is has anyone worked for this company or does anyone know much about the company?

I have been told that
1) I can get a pay rise
2) will get training opertunities
3) be able to move through the rank.

thank Lee

Do you still believe in the tooth fairy? Serious question...

You say "I have been told that...

1) I can get a pay rise
A) From what you are getting now? Well done.

2) will get training opertunities
A) Grammar and spelling maybe.

3) be able to move through the rank
A) Maybe backwards.

Lee what is this job and what are you aspiring to be? A lot of training companys promise jobs at the end of their courses but most never actually come through.

Now fill in your profile so we know who we're talking to.

Last edited:
There's a significant difference between a training company and a security company. Training companies make money from you signing up for a course, and a security company makes money from you working and earning money and working for them

There's a significant difference between a training company and a security company. Training companies make money from you signing up for a course, and a security company makes money from you working and earning money and working for them

That's true to an extent but a lot of the bigger security companies have their own training courses, ie, if you fit the profile we'll get you through a three or four day course and you'll get a job in events. Actually even if you don't fit the profile we'll take you anyway.

Back to my question of, what do you want to be Lee?

Hi sorry for the late reply.

I have had a job offer from a company called TSS, the role I will be working in is retail security officer.

TSS does its own in house training.

I just wanted to know if anyone had worked for the company and if so what the company is like.

I spoke to a friend of mine who joined TSS a few years ago and this is what he said

Pay rise: You start at around £6.70 and you get moved up to £7.00 after two years. It depends what contract you are on. Some guards can get more than £7.00 if they are working on certain contracts.

Training opportunities: In-house training. He said he asked for extra training but none came about after two years.

Move through the rank: Some have been known to but unlikely. If you are a good worker they'd rather keep you on the shop floor instead of management position. He was recovering a lot of money and made plenty of stops but never had a management job offer.

He said pay was always on time and the management was supportive in improving your skills and giving you verbal training.

Last edited:
I suppose that's straight and to the point but this threads a year and a half old buddy. "there staff" Well done. Zero SA

Last edited:
Back