Uk leads

yes, but I heard civies can attend... the states are years ahead of the UK in training and attitude towards training, yes I know I am asking for trouble coming out with that, but the truth is a blinding light and very few really appreciate it.

yes, but I heard civies can attend... the states are years ahead of the UK in training and attitude towards training, yes I know I am asking for trouble coming out with that, but the truth is a blinding light and very few really appreciate it.

I don't agree. Scent detection training in the United States can be good but there is no consistency between agencies. There are good agencies - like Melbourne P.D. - where the trainers know not only what they are doing, but why and there are shit agencies that produce crap handlers and dogs. If you are going to mention the feds, know that they employ self important narcissist morons like Dereck Bachner at Secret Service who struggle to know which end of the dog to put the food.

Knowing both sides of the coin....... RAF Police search dog training methodology has been since the beginning and is still to this day the best in the world. Show me a better trainer than Taff Jones, and I'll eat my beard.

Ask yourself, why is Inkpen at Lacland?

Last edited:
I know Taff jones, worked/lived with him and I agree the man is top notch, even had a former RAVC sgt confess the RAF POL are better as their job is 100% dogs, where RAVC is soldier duties and dogs if you finish early or are a good boy!

you mention dual purpose k9 to UK police and youll be asked to leave!
"there are many Taffs but this one is mine"

I know Taff jones, worked/lived with him and I agree the man is top notch, even had a former RAVC sgt confess the RAF POL are better as their job is 100% dogs, where RAVC is soldier duties and dogs if you finish early or are a good boy!

I think you'll find that I have dibs on that particular Taff unless you've known him for decades

Don't get me started on UK civpol pussy assed dogs and their up their own ass trainers

I can say I've known Taff for decades. And yes, he's top drawer along with several other of our finest, one being RAVC.

By the way, Howie and I took Taff to Florida and he impressed the tits off of Orlando P.D. and several other agencies with a little springer and the "I'm a lunatic Welshman" act :)

The seminar is geared towards sharing advances in training, sharing TTP's and understanding the threat. As there's nothing like this elsewhere in the UK I'd say it's the only none training specific seminar to attend. That and the fact I've been part if the hosting agency before!!

Ive had many heated disputes with UK civpol, I have no issues with having an informed, intelligent discussion with anyone about standard, training methods, but when people offer NO and nothing else... well then its simple, let your dog show how good you are

Ive had many heated disputes with UK civpol, I have no issues with having an informed, intelligent discussion with anyone about standard, training methods, but when people offer NO and nothing else... well then its simple, let your dog show how good you are

Couldn't agree more

SCT when are you having Taff out there again, I plan to be out your way in December this year. though I must say, I don't miss seeing Taff wondering round naked lol

SCT when are you having Taff out there again, I plan to be out your way in December this year. though I must say, I don't miss seeing Taff wondering round naked lol

Funny that. i was talking to him yesterday and he's thinking of taking Caz on a horseback riding vacation in Florida :)

I would pay money to see him on a horse!
I have to be honest, Taff is the only trainer/handler ive met that doesn't blow his own trumpet, he just lets his dog show off... I learnt a lot from him and if one day I get the contract to a cirtain rugby teams training ground I will sent him a season ticket

back to the original point... aes69, could you point us in the right direction about LEADS uk as you were on the prestation panel and if I may be so bold as to ask why you left/not on it anymore?

Back