un armed cash carriers

shinobisecurity

Full Registered User
When I traveled to the U.K. I noticed a cash transporter who was unarmed. The guy had a brief case and riot gear. He had the brief case handcuffed to him.

Is this common for you folks across the pond? I find it crazy. I couldn't imagine strapping all of that money to myself and running around with no way to actually protect myself against an armed attacker.

Unfortunately, the Laws of the UK prohibit any members of the Public (Including SIA License Holders) from carrying weapons / anything that can be reasonably used as a weapon (Obviously, you can still carry some normal everyday things, such as torches, pens etc, that, in an EXTREME emergency, can be reappropriated as such). I've always thought of it as a bit odd that CAVIT don't carry, but it's just the way it is

In addition to that, just remember that, above all else, the money is insured, so it's not worth fighting over. If someone's going to take it, let them. It's still in a dye box, after all! It all comes down to the CAVIT Company & what their SOP's/AI's say. With regards to handcuffing the box to the carrier, i've never known them to do that (At least not in years)

I am trying to recall the last time I heard of cash being robbed in the UK from a proper cash carrier (ie. one with a box). I suspect that if you look at the statistics we have very little robberies of cash from professional carriers when compared to the US. The dye box system is far better than a bloke with a gun, sometimes there are other solutions to problems than using force.

When I traveled to the U.K. I noticed a cash transporter who was unarmed. The guy had a brief case and riot gear. He had the brief case handcuffed to him.

Is this common for you folks across the pond? I find it crazy. I couldn't imagine strapping all of that money to myself and running around with no way to actually protect myself against an armed attacker.

'un armed cash carriers', are frequently called 'husbands'. If some thoughtful thug would relive me of the cash so I don't have to accompany the wife on the relentless slog of 'retail therapy', I'd be highly delighted.

V

I am trying to recall the last time I heard of cash being robbed in the UK from a proper cash carrier (ie. one with a box). I suspect that if you look at the statistics we have very little robberies of cash from professional carriers when compared to the US. The dye box system is far better than a bloke with a gun, sometimes there are other solutions to problems than using force.

Plus our guys are proper nails.

Back