Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Unarmed Combat Training for Close Protection

CENTRE22

Full Registered User
Hi,

I re-post details of our course in this section because there has always been a lot of debate about martial arts vs CP specific training in unarmed tactics. If you're keen to learn an approach to unarmed combat that stems directly from CP experience, then it would be great to see you there:

Course Title: Unarmed Combat for Close Protection
Company: Centre 22
Instructors: Mick Gould and Michael Wright
Dates: Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th March 2014

Saturday Training – 13:00 to 18:00 - First Party Defence for the CPO

- Moving and controlling a resisting annoyance
- Defences and counters to strikes
- Takedown applications
- Understanding and applying chokes
- Edged weapons defence

Sunday Training – 10:00 to 15:00 - Third Party Defence : The Principal

- Stepping drills from operational positions
- One man/two man/three man formats
- Encumbering holds, strikes, blunt instruments, edged weapons
- Considerations of pistol attacks
- Fears in the field (open forum)

Cost for the two days is £200. Maximum number of course students is 20. All students who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate of training and competence in Unarmed Combat for Close Protection from Centre 22.

To apply, please email me personally at centre22@outlook.com. I need your name, DOB and a current SIA Frontline CP Badge number. If you have PERSEC concerns by all means drop me a PM and let’s see if we can work around them.

Thank you.

MW

CENTRE22

Full Registered User
In addition to the above, I failed to mention the special guest we have on the Saturday evening.

Pete Winner (Snapper/Soldier I) spent 18 years in 22 SAS. He was at the battle of Mirbat, the Iranian Embassy Siege, Northern Ireland, the Falklands and went on to become a CP Operator and Instructor. Pete was a member of the Assault Team in May 1980 at Princes Gate and has an excellent presentation that he gives on the CQC strategies the Regiment used that day. He also talks about his transition from the Military into the CP arena and is happy to answer any questions that may help attendees of the course. Pete is a friend of ours and is coming in to speak to the guys on the course as a big favour to us. After a long day of hard training on the Saturday we're going to put some money behind the bar and sit back to listen to Snapper.

This is of course just a bonus addition to two days of training from Mick Gould, who served for over ten years as the lead instructor in the CRW Wing - responsible for Unarmed Combat, CQB and the BG Course. Mick then became an operator and instructor for a Government Intelligence Unit, before moving into CP and later into his current career as a Technical Adviser and Trainer in the film industry.

We're throwing as much into this weekend as we can, given the work demands on the instructors it may be a one-off for 2014. Thanks to everyone who has signed up so far, if you're thinking about it then drop us a line - would be great to see you there.

[video=youtube;8uoKTI_gmqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uoKTI_gmqo[/video]

CENTRE22

Full Registered User
Morning all,

Thanks for all of your enquiries. Just to let you know that we'll be off the grid for about a month due to a task coming up, but if you are still interested in attending the course then you can email us at centre22@outlook.com. For those who have already registered and paid (many thanks) you have our contact numbers so any queries please drop us a line.

We're back mid-March, and really looking forward to the course on the 29th/30th.

Best wishes

MG & MW

CENTRE22

Full Registered User
This course is now fully booked and closed. Thank you to everyone for your support.

Top Bottom