Vehicle crate - which one?

aes69

Super Moderator
Advice from the masses please, every vehicle I've ever used for dog work has been company supplied and apart from the usual grumblings of scrubbing out the nooks and crannies, they've always been fit for purpose and I've never had any real complaints. However, I'm about to spend my own dollar and whilst I've half an eye on a particular brand, I thought I'd ask you guys what you've invested in and what cons, if any you've come across after you've forked out.

As always, your views will be much appreciated.

Mine are Lintrans........easy to clean out daily........ downside is they are fixed as there is 3 so cant give good clean weekly.... there are storage drawers underneath for all equipment etc, but you can get them as removable on runners...... personally removable ones are better for the weekly clean.... but with the 3 kennels its easier to clean on site or at events....... only carry 2 dogs at time..... but i do carry hoover, generator, mop and bucket.....they all fit in side of the van....

TransK9 all the way here.

Used for working dogs not security / GSD's but they are exceptionally robust, wash down very well and are lockable and come with a myriad of additional features like partitions top boxes, secure drawers underneath etc as required.

Their only real downside is their weight, the bigger ones are not ideal for humping in / out of boots, but that is also a benefit depending on how you look at it.

They also have superb resale value, in fact the manufacturer with px if you are looking to change, as we have done in the past.

Really cant fault them.

Advice from the masses please, every vehicle I've ever used for dog work has been company supplied and apart from the usual grumblings of scrubbing out the nooks and crannies, they've always been fit for purpose and I've never had any real complaints. However, I'm about to spend my own dollar and whilst I've half an eye on a particular brand, I thought I'd ask you guys what you've invested in and what cons, if any you've come across after you've forked out.

As always, your views will be much appreciated.

Stay away from anything made in the UK, especially lintran.

I have used Schmidt boxes for years (I think you actually saw one in the back of my car when I brought my 2 Malis to DAC). They do not break and last for years. They are made from aircraft grade anodised aluminum, light (2 dog cage I have weighs 18 pounds). Schmidt-Fahrzeugbau GmbH | products| dog boxes, dog trailers, dog sport, dog accessories

Back