Welcome to the new Driver forum.

Guys the class one was dropped about ten years ago the new Police Advanced Driving course still gives you a score with 85 being classed as the old class one . However, officialy, there is now no such thing as a class one Police Advanced Driver; I wish there was....

Appologies for mentioning this again but just a work of warning to you guys wanting training. I'm not going to go on about IAM or Rospa I think my views are well known on those two organisations. However, if you are looking at advanced tuition or blue light driver training (if you have exemptions) there is a new register for instructors. With the new legislation that came out in 2006 (Road Safety Act 2006). Anyone offering instruction for reward must also be an ADI.....might be worth checking people out before you get training from a supplier. A lot of people are unaware of the new changes in legislation including I have to say some of the emergency services...

Guys the class one was dropped about ten years ago the new Police Advanced Driving course still gives you a score with 85 being classed as the old class one . However, officialy, there is now no such thing as a class one Police Advanced Driver; I wish there was....

Like I said:

mmorg3053 said:
I took my test with Lancashire Constabulary in 2007.

The system they have is as follows:

Police Officers: Class 1 Pass or FAIL
Other Agencies (Military, Fire, Ambulance, MI5 etc): Class 1 Pass, Class 2 Pass or FAIL.

Without breaking OPSEC, I also know of other forces throughout the UK who have a Class 1 and Class 2 pass to this day.

Different forces have different driver training schools, some give Class 1/Class 2, some just have a pass or fail.

Mike

Then I joined the pro-active section of traffic, called the Road Crime Team. We are responsible for the targeting of organised crime gangs, car thieves, etc... so get to use our driving skills in Mitsubishi Evos, Subarus etc...

Nice, I had a Mitsubishi Evo, running it though (fuel) was a bit expensive :p

One crash that springs to mind, i was taking a new Bedford MK to a unit, with a support driver in a landrover. On entering thru the gate's i lost the landrover, i was then shown where to park it up but to do so i had to go on the right side of the road, as i was passing their was a road on the right, next there was a massive bump on the bedford rear side, and guess what it was the landrover failing to stop. I was charged along with the landrover driver, at a later hearing the charge against me was dropped, thanks to my M.T Sgt, i don't know what happend to the other guy.

Can't agree more, how can people earn a living off a licence which they took possible many years earlier. The other problem is that most people think they are above average at driving ???????? How does that work ? Perceived ability versus real ability.......i have heard and used that a few times over the years.

Best of luck with this one. If there is anything i can do to assist people re driver training, get in touch.

I am running a comprehensive one week security / protection drivers course just west of london from Mon 2nd ~Nov to Fri 6th Nov if anyone interested, please get in touch

Cheers Mick @ speedskills.co.uk

I accept with information: Driver training needs to be insisted on, and pressure should be put on the sia to introduce it as a major part of the course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all

I have recently qualified as CPO and now i am looking at moving into the driving side but i have no idea of any good companies to train with.

Any suggestions???

Thanks

Hi , take a look at us we are based just to the West of London, all our staff are either serving or retired Met Police Hendon Driving School Instructors. We can tailor courses to your needs, from basic safe driving through security driving to all out escape and evasion techniques. If required we can also complete IAM assessment which is recognised with Insurance co's etc. Cheers and best of luck....Mick

Hi speedskills, I've been looking at doing the VIP protection course I had a look at your website and tried the number and I havnt got through could you advise so I could have a chat about doing your course?
Thanks Aaron

Hi speedskills, I've been looking at doing the VIP protection course I had a look at your website and tried the number and I havnt got through could you advise so I could have a chat about doing your course?
Thanks Aaron

Aggressive driving courses

Greetings,

Are there any `Aggressive driving courses` on offer preferably in the Bristol area?

Do you mean Defensive driving courses??

The aggressive driving course is normally offered to those convicted of an offence under the RTA, in order for them to keep their licence and deter the inappropriate behaviour of a operator using an automobile with contempt of other road users.

Sarah

Hi Aaron, sorry if you couldn't get through to me, please either email me through the website or ring ********as an alternative to my usual number **********
I hope that we can have a chat and see if i can assist you in any way. Cheers Mick

How do I apply for a disabled badge and a reserved space on this section.
Should be fun, me thinks. lets start precedings off then.

1)Whats the worst crash you've had ? never had one.

2)Traffic cops opening gambits.
i.e. ''right out of the car Stirling Moss.'' (for the older crowd)
I didn't know a car could do that.

Great shout CM
As my intention is to move into the security chauffeur/driver side of things I did both RoSPA and IAM got a Gold and F1rst Award and do CPD refresher training each year since . The courses I picked were Bespoke Driver Training with Mark Kendrick and Dave Bertie their 8 day CP driving course. I also did Speedskills 7 day Security Driver course with Mick Croome and his team and got my IQ level 4 as well. Both courses where recommended to me and very happy I did them the instructors are top guys and bring a great deal to the table. Found out I also have a passion for driving so just trying to make that my day job now. I would say to anybody wanting to do advanced driving with either RoSPA or IAM give it a go it will completely change to way you drive for the better and give you so much more as a driver.

Back