Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bukowski

And want a camera that can "see" in the dark and also has a range to ID the scum that are vandalising property in my area-so I can take out a private prosecution.
TIA-I have DVR card so only need a camera.

demonbubz

Full Registered User
Home Cctv Systems

Very Tricky Subject To Be honest, There Are So Many Different Companies Out There That Produce Equipment That It Is Very Hard To Judge What Is Value For Money And What Is, Pardon My Expression, A Complete Load Of Crap....

THINGS TO TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION:

If you do not hold a valid SIA Public Space CCTV licence, you are not covered to watch anything other than your own property, so if you think that you will face it onto the street and catch someone doing something to your neighbour AND PROSECUTE, you may find that could, depending on who your dealing with, turn very nasty, the law has changed so much that you cant just go around filming people anymore without so much as a sign up warning them, but i guess you know all this....

Back to the equipment side of things, without going over the top on money just go into B&Q or similar, they all have trained staff who will help you out further...

THIS POST IS OPEN TO SCRUTINY IF IM WRONG ON ANYTHING I'VE SAID....:cool:

coffeegirl

Full Registered User
Using IR CCTV Camera will meet your need. (In Available IR distance )

Kindly note that connecting your DVR to Alarm box will be better.

coffeegirl

Full Registered User
If the CCTV Installation is for personal use, kindly suggest to use USB Port DVR BOX for installation. (supports 1 to 4 cameras ) . As it costs much lower and operated easy.

USB DVR BOX is designed with USB Port for your PC. Simply connect it with the IR camera and your PC, (with approved internet protocol ) will help you control it easily (even could control from internet when you are not home)

If the DVR has an alarm port, connect it with the alarm box. DVR provider mostly offers the equipment.

LaRoseel

Full Registered User
Very good advise. CCTV can be used for many different purposes. I have used them for work and they really work well.

LaRoseel

Full Registered User
automobile protection

I recently witnessed a cell phone that would alert you, if your car gets broken into. Nobody listens to car alarms anymore, this seems to be the answer.:)

coffeegirl

Full Registered User
I recently witnessed a cell phone that would alert you, if your car gets broken into. Nobody listens to car alarms anymore, this seems to be the answer.:)
Yeah, that seems a good device with highly developed function.

So for a better use, the cell phone is a good choice(will it cost high?:) ) If you'd like cost less, CCTV System will be OK.

cctv

Full Registered User
You can consider network cameras. I have tested Day-Nigth Axis camera - it works well in IR light. And during day you have color picture. Just connect it to PC and thats it.

For recording you can use any video surveillance software. About 20 of them listed on Video Home Surveillance Guide Maybe you can even find free software - like Milestone was offering 1 camera for free.

Sad AXIS doesn't have any WIFI-DayNight cameras.

Last edited:
Top Bottom